New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Boots dental offers

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in It's Gone, but was it any good?
13 replies 4.5K views
meanmummeanmum Forumite
604 posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in It's Gone, but was it any good?
The machine is giving out a voucher for 250 points when you buy 3 dental items. The cheapest way I could see to do this was 3 of their value toothpaste at 59p each, also on 3 for 2 - so £2.50 worth of points (+ 3 tubes of toothpaste) for £1.18.
I'm sure other clever people will work out other ways to use this to their advantage........

Replies

• eklynneeklynne Forumite
    2.4K posts
    They have a mouthwash at 49p which is also on 3 for 2.
    Come ride with me, through the veins of history...
    I'll show you how God falls asleep on the job.
    ~Matthew Bellamy.
  • tylers_mumtylers_mum Forumite
    147 posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Aquafresh & minty toothpaste 100ml is on offer for 52p also acm is giving out 10% off 2 x dental items (or other people have posted on here they have recieved 200 extra points on dental purchase voucher) .I bought 3 thinking they were also on the 3 for 2 offer but in the small print on sel it does say 3 for 2 excludes smile and aquafresh products but sill got 3 toothpastes for 3x 52p =£1.56 -10% (and it took 10% off full price on all 3 tubes with just 1 voucher)-33p =£1.23 :p41p each :jgonna buy some more tomoro for start of my second purse shop:)
  • juniorsmumjuniorsmum Forumite
    20 posts
    Visited the advantage machine, got coupons for 250 extra points when buying 3 dental products. So , I got 3 aquafresh toothpastes which are currently half price, costing £1.56 in total, so 94p in profit. Machine let me print 3 lots of vouchers so points galore.

Also had vouchers for 25% off shampoo or conditioner, so got elvive which is half price, till takes off 25% off full price so, basically paid about £1 for a 400ml bottle of elvive. Again got 3 lots of vouchers.

Also, ditto for 25% off shower gel, so got the boots shower gel which was half price so ended up paying 30ish pence for a full size shower gel.

25% off vouchers for deodarant or body spray - again 3 lots of vouchers printed. dove and Nivea on offer at the moment

Vouchers for £2 off a mascara or lipstick - again 3 lots of vouchers printed. My daughters got the Collection 2000 mascara at £4.99 with a free eyeliner, so not bad - the due for £2.99. (the £2.00 was not deducted automatically, but cashier manually adjusted the price)
  • Hi,
    Thanks ops I went in today and bought 3 lots of boots cheapo mouthwash and 3 lots of half price aquafresh (they only had the £1.54 pumps though) still a bargain though as with the 500 points I got for buying that little lot I'm actually in profit also used 25% off in both transactions!!

I tried buying some elvive with my 25% off shampoo voucher aswell but it wouldn't go through the till the lady said it was because it was already half price and those vouchers don't work on half price items I just smiled and said okay I'll leave it then!! Is there a particular "flavour" of elvive that you bought? I know it definately wasn't her being a jobsworth as the till made a funny bleeping sound as she tried to put it through.
  • glitter03glitter03 Forumite
    871 posts

I tried buying some elvive with my 25% off shampoo voucher aswell but it wouldn't go through the till the lady said it was because it was already half price and those vouchers don't work on half price items I just smiled and said okay I'll leave it then!! Is there a particular "flavour" of elvive that you bought? I know it definately wasn't her being a jobsworth as the till made a funny bleeping sound as she tried to put it through.

Hi, i bought the red one which is for colour treated hair. I got one last week and one this morning.

Was you trying them all in same transaction?
    :coffee:
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • cazarolcazarol Forumite
    773 posts
    glitter03 wrote: »
    Hi, i bought the red one which is for colour treated hair. I got one last week and one this morning.

Was you trying them all in same transaction?

I've just realised that the reason why mine didnt work at lunchtime was because I had picked up the conditioner !! DERRRR
  • cazarol wrote: »
    I've just realised that the reason why mine didnt work at lunchtime was because I had picked up the conditioner !! DERRRR

I think the voucher is for 25% off shampoo or conditioner?

I tried it seperately but it wasn't the red one, it was the pink bottle I was trying to buy I will have another go tomorrow thanks.:)
  • surfsistersurfsister Forumite
    7.5K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    thanks all I now have a bagfull of 52p Aquafresh toothpaste and used the points to get 3 for 2 fish oil vits which we use and 16p paracetamol and cheap tissues so happy bunny. Love the tips!

Alkso my store (IPswich) selling off several deodorants for 70p sprays and roll and I used the 25% coupon and wsa charged 50p or 52p so quite cheap for Boots!
    773 posts
    I think the voucher is for 25% off shampoo or conditioner?

I tried it seperately but it wasn't the red one, it was the pink bottle I was trying to buy I will have another go tomorrow thanks.:)

You are right, it is the shampoo or conditioner, tried it again today and it took the 25% off !!
    773 posts
    surfsister wrote: »
    Alkso my store (IPswich) selling off several deodorants for 70p sprays and roll and I used the 25% coupon and wsa charged 50p or 52p so quite cheap for Boots!
    In my store there was some shower gel and dedorants reduced to 99p but the 25% coupon didnt work on either of these :( I've just started working in a town centre so am loving this Boots game in my lunch hour !!!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support