Unable to top up gas-Firmus Energy

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
4 replies 5.8K views
spike7451spike7451 Forumite
6.9K Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Well,last week I got a letter from Firmus stating that users in the Greater Belfast area (which includes Donaghadee....:cool:) & that have Libra meters have been paying less than they should,all down to a 'system error' when setting up the terminals at retail outlets.

Thankfully tho,because they themselves !!!!!!ed it up,we are not being asked to repay the under payment to them.

Today I went to top up & found out I couldn't,I tried three shops in the town with the same result,the shop person got the message "No tarrif for that area" (or something like that) each time.

So I just tried to call them only to find they're only open Mon-Fri during normal office hours...Good job it's not the middle of winter...

imurinedoffwithfirmus.com

Replies

• You arent having much luck with your utilities Spike.

I got that letter too but topoed up without issue on Thursday
    night.

I would ring Phoenix out of hours number (they are still your contact despite being a Firmus customer). They should come out and put emergency credit on the meter to keep you going until Monday.

Their numbet is 0800 002 001.
  • spike7451spike7451 Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheers Ex,
    I called into the garage when in Ards today & was able to top up but will call them tommorow & fire a rocket up them when they answer...good gob it wasn't the middle of winter & I was snowed in like about this time last year!
  • ChickabeeChickabee Forumite
    201 Posts
    Do you think this is the reason behind why my recent top-ups are buying me exactly the same amount of units now as before the recent tariff reduction? ie £5 11 units both before and after so-called tarriff reduction.
    i emailed firmus at the start of last week and ZERO response so far!
  • spike7451spike7451 Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chickabee wrote: »
    Do you think this is the reason behind why my recent top-ups are buying me exactly the same amount of units now as before the recent tariff reduction? ie £5 11 units both before and after so-called tarriff reduction.
    i emailed firmus at the start of last week and ZERO response so far!

Might be,Did you get the letter last week from them?..

I went onto their facebook page & left a comment on Saturday,and phoned them today to complain.They said it might be an issue with the Paypoint machines in my town.
    Anyhow,I got a reply from them in Facebook today & a follow up phone call this afternoon....
    I'd try their Facebook page;

https://www.facebook.com/firmusenergy?ref=ts

Seem to get a better response that way...

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides