Florida family wedding on a budget

Options
At the most there would be 12 of us.

Obviously everyone who wants to go would pay their own flight and accommodation-just how to keep costs down once there.

Also any tips for flights/accommodation would be good

Comments

• susan42
    susan42 Posts: 1,449 Forumite
    Options
    as there's 12 of you I would hire a villa for 12.

I would book flights separate from accommodation. phone the airline and ask for a discount.

I would eat in sizzlers or ponderosas for breakfast with coupons available everywhere. all you can eat for $ 4 . if you have takeaways get takeaways it's cheaper than buying from supermarket and making yourself.

if your doing theme parks and shows there's a lady on highway 192 trolley stop 21 in bargain world who get you tickets half price . I know a fair bit about florida having just come back so anything else please ask or pm me
    Challenge 2018 - Learn by heart the Book by Wayne Morgan on Amazon - Betfair Football Trading as it helps to supplement my small income :beer:
  • melancholly
    melancholly Posts: 7,457 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    might be worth renting a house rather than hotel rooms - with a large group that can be better value. it also gives you a kitchen to use, which means you can eat some meals in, rather than paying for restaurants every time.
    :happyhear
  • lissadenton
    Options
    Thanks very much for the replies,

My daughter got married over there 10 years ago and I wondered if anyone had been there recently and done that-as I have sort of lost my contacts now.

But yes-I agree a villa is a better option-although I think we would need two- 12 of us altogether most of the time might be a bit much-lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure