belfast city centre parking in the evening

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
11 replies 1.7K views
snowmensnowmen Forumite
542 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Just seen that Victoria Square has put its evening flat rate of parking of £4 back from starting at 5pm to starting at 6pm. Suppose that means if you go down at 5 then you will pay the normal hourly rate and then the flat evening rate too.
We are going to an event at the Waterfront tomorrow night that starts at 6pm and would normally park at victoria square for the flat evening rate and then walk over rather than using the hilton car park which is very tight and the evening rate doesnt start until 7pm.
Is there any better suggestions than still using Victoria square?

Replies

• Could you pay and display for an hour ie 5-6 then its free from 6pm.

Have to confess Im sick of parking costs. Paid £8.10 for 2 hours, 5 mins in Victoria Square yesterday. :mad:
  • edited 25 April 2012 at 7:08PM
    elphiaselphias Forumite
    26 Posts
    edited 25 April 2012 at 7:08PM
    try car park under queens quay free after 6 i think and £2 if you get in before 6
  • doelanidoelani Forumite
    2.6K Posts

Have to confess Im sick of parking costs. Paid £8.10 for 2 hours, 5 mins in Victoria Square yesterday. :mad:

HOW MUCH :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    and i thought castle court was expensive
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
  • Why not prepay at odyssey carpark and walk over?
  • BOBSBOBS Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    We use the one at St Annes square - paid £12 for first thing saturday morning to Sunday lunch time.
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • snowmensnowmen Forumite
    542 Posts
    ✭✭

I would agree - belfast is more expensive for parking than any other city I've been to in the UK.
    We used to get to victoria square for 5pm, pay the flat evening rate, and then have a leisurely meal before walking over to the waterfront and odyssey for the event. Can't see that happening again as it would be too rushed for the meal. Shame.
    I liked parking in victoria square for event nights at the odyssey as trying to get out of the odyssey car park used to take us 1 hour + some nights!
  • snowmensnowmen Forumite
    542 Posts
    ✭✭
    Why not prepay at odyssey carpark and walk over?

Could do - as long as there isnt an event at the odyssey as it is a nightmare getting out of the car park if you time it wrong.
  • As another posters says, why not park on-street which is free after 6? There are plenty of spaces near to Victoria Square and you should be able to get parked easily enough.
  • almillaralmillar Forumite
    8.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, on street for the specific situation above, but in general, St Anne's is a great alternative to Victoria Square for parking, and is just as 'nice' if that's important - can also pay by card etc. Castle Court used to be most expensive but has a few offers these days and almost looks cheap compared to Vic Square!
  • BigcammyBigcammy Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    All day Saturday at St. Annes Cathedral for £4
    Norn Iron Club Member No. 252 :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance