Groupon - Tailoring Studio shirt

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
3 replies 619 views
belfastgirlbelfastgirl Forumite
28 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Last year I bought a groupon voucher for a tailored shirt/blouse from the Tailoring Studio, Lisburn Road, Belfast. I'll not bore you with the delays and lack of communication since and no shirt in the end, but just today have heard that the company has gone out of business.

I'm going to call Consumerline tomorrow to see if I can report it in some way and try to recover my money through my card, but this post is just to warn anyone in a similar boat that we aren't getting our goods by the looks of it.

Replies

• D.A.D.A. Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Umm, would it not be simpler to just contact Groupon?
  • freddie_2freddie_2 Forumite
    918 Posts
    Why would you not just contact Groupon?

I bought this also. It was sept last year and I have been in contact with Groupon since Christmas as nothing was received and not contact from company. I have now had a refund, although only in the last few weeks.

Cant believe it has taken from last september and you havent chased up where your shirt is yet.
  • Oh believe me I've been chasing on a regular basis but the owner kept claiming that it hadn't arrived with them yet. I thought from the groupon T&Cs that once you bought the voucher your contract was with the merchant and they weren't responsible?

In today's development, the owner has emailed me to say he has my shirt and will post it to me. I'll believe it when I see it.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals