Mortgage Companies and Medical Records

Options
Hi there everyone,

Just a quick question - do mortgage companies usually check medical records prior to lending or do they rely on the insurance companies to cover that end of things?

Many thanks,

Craig

Comments

• The_J
    The_J Posts: 1,250 Forumite
    Options
    They do not care about medical history at all and will not seek any assurances from the customer nor insurance companies regarding the health of said customer.
    The J is a Financial Advisor-This site doesn't check anyone's status and as such any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Always seek professional advice.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you apply for life/health insurance via a bank or building society, the firm is acting only as an intermediary, introducing the customer to an insurer which may be owned by the bank/building society or simply connected by an "introducer" or agency agreement.

Your medical history will have no impact on the lending decision in any way.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • crdavidson
    Options
    Thanks for quick replies guys!!

Craig
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business