Got an Interview today

Options
Hi all, Ive got an interview for a new job today:j

I`ve also got an IPOQ sitting on my desk. Should I fill out the details on it before I go, or wait for the outcome and then notify the OR?

I also got a letter telling us that case is going to a trustee next week. What`s that all about?

Comments

• Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    tight_jock wrote:
    Hi all, Ive got an interview for a new job today:j

I`ve also got an IPOQ sitting on my desk. Should I fill out the details on it before I go, or wait for the outcome and then notify the OR?

I also got a letter telling us that case is going to a trustee next week. What`s that all about?

Hi Jock,

Congratulations on the job interview.

I've worked in our own businesses most of my working life and I'm hoping that we'll be able to go back down that route once we've been discharged, but working as an employee does have some real advantages; I never think about work once I'm out of the office, wages are always paid, no worrying about cover when you go on holiday.

I would fill the IPOQ in now and then advise if you get the job.

As for the trustee that mysifies me. You're in rented accomodation and no assets to realise, maybe they just handle the IPA if you get stuck with one. Would be interested to hear from anybody who knows; maybe you just have the trustee until the end of the year as part of the early discharge?

TFI Friday, the weekend beckons :rotfl:

Rich
  • tight_jock
    tight_jock Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Rich,
    it`s my intention to go back into business in a few months but at the moment with the OR taking that lump of OH`s compensation (:mad: )unfortunately it`s a case of needs must for a couple of months.

I am also in the process of drafting a complaint letter about our OR over that issue. I might wait til the trustee has control
  • shameless-about-money
    Options
    The Trustee is appointed in place of the OR when no further investigations are deemed necessary - the Trustee is basically a custodian of the bankrupt's affairs until discharge.
    This is perfectly normal - particularly now that so many people are going the bankruptcy route - and allows the OR to investigate the "problem" bankruptcies.
  • Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    tight_jock wrote:
    Hi Rich,
    it`s my intention to go back into business in a few months but at the moment with the OR taking that lump of OH`s compensation (:mad: )unfortunately it`s a case of needs must for a couple of months.

I am also in the process of drafting a complaint letter about our OR over that issue. I might wait til the trustee has control

Jock,

I'd forgotten about that lump sum compensation, I bet that's why you've got landed with a trustee, that must be so frustrating I really do sympathise.

Rich
  • backontheup
    backontheup Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    Richard_S wrote:
    I've worked in our own businesses most of my working life and I'm hoping that we'll be able to go back down that route once we've been discharged, but working as an employee does have some real advantages; I never think about work once I'm out of the office, wages are always paid, no worrying about cover when you go on holiday.

Good Luck on the interview!!

Despite the BR, I still cannot reconcile ever being able to live happily as an employee. For all its tumultous uncertainites, being in business is the only ever option for me. I have ADHD and never fit in the mould as an employee, so as lovely and comfortable this sounds, I know that it never works out that way for me.

We all have our clay feet I guess.
    DISCHARGED 12th December 2007:T

BSC Member #91

Proud to have dealt with my debts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business