We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Massive sale at halfords, sat navs from £10

2

Comments

  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,836 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Think you may need to check one item at a time as it says @all the items in your basket. Have just spent an hour and checked maybe 40 items and not 1 in stock locally so i guess its a visit if you can and see what they got left, my guess would be that the good stuff been snapped up by the staff lol

    I did that first for a couple but then put in £500 worth of Sat Navs to my basket and searched Nationwide and not one store had stock.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • ToNik
    ToNik Posts: 438 Forumite
    I popped into my local halford today and they had lots of cheap satnavs, some of the ones that said no stock online.
    I queried it at the till and CS said once they go on final reductions the website no longer keeps track of the stock as its end of line stuff. So I advice you to go check your stores out.
  • whatsup7
    whatsup7 Posts: 136 Forumite
    ToNik wrote: »
    I popped into my local halford today and they had lots of cheap satnavs, some of the ones that said no stock online.
    I queried it at the till and CS said once they go on final reductions the website no longer keeps track of the stock as its end of line stuff. So I advice you to go check your stores out.

    What store was that
  • xxdeebeexx
    xxdeebeexx Posts: 1,964 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi I have managed to reserve the infa red headphones
    Venturer Infra-red Headphones - PVS7981M
    What can they be used with?

    tia

    dx
  • helenhugs
    helenhugs Posts: 1,149 Forumite
    All but 1 item I added to my basket was unavailable, and that was a £55 stereo. Do need a new one as our volume doesn't work but annoyed by the sales tactics. Why even show it as available!
    We don't need to do it perfectly - good enough is exactly that GOOD ENOUGH.
    Good Enough Club member number 8
    :j £2 coin club = now in a sealed tin so I'm not sure
  • Decay_2
    Decay_2 Posts: 1,082 Forumite
    Ive been watching the sat navs over the past week. The tomtom one v4 dropped to £50 and was out of stock anywhere in the uk. the next day they dropped it to £25 (still no stock on the system) and now they have all gone even lower. Its just a way of getting publicity! the ready beds are the same. brought the peppa pig at £19.99 a while back. They then dropped to £14.99 and no stock in the uk? seems a regular thing they do.

    Deals like this are regularly posted on hukd but virtually no one has ever found anything.
    :(
  • lkeenan
    lkeenan Posts: 11 Forumite
    I just went through the SAT Navs one by one and managed to get 2 - okay I have to travel 11 miles to the nearest store with one in stock but will be worth the journey!
  • realitybites
    realitybites Posts: 178 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    lkeenan wrote: »
    I just went through the SAT Navs one by one and managed to get 2 - okay I have to travel 11 miles to the nearest store with one in stock but will be worth the journey!

    Assuming you can find the way there :D
  • crazyposhgal
    crazyposhgal Posts: 2,313 Forumite
    Thanks op, i managed to get the car seat i need over £30 cheaper than anywhere else. Also got a £10 voucher to use between 10-30 April for spending over £50.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe
    she hasn't lost the ol' Bootsing magic :p:D
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    lkeenan wrote: »
    I just went through the SAT Navs one by one and managed to get 2 - okay I have to travel 11 miles to the nearest store with one in stock but will be worth the journey!

    Which did you find in stock?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.