How long does the tribunal process take?

Options
I have lodged my case, I got a letter last week stating my ex employer has 28 days to reply or I win by default, On Tuesday I got a letter from ACAS about conciliation so I phoned them and employer is not playing ball so its of to the tribunal we go, how long does this whole process take?

Comments

• Jarndyce
    Jarndyce Posts: 1,281 Forumite
    Options
    About as long as this piece of string I have here.

It is impossible to say - there are so many different factors which can influence the length of time a case takes. Probably anything between 6 and 18 months depending on the complexity of the case.
  • falko89
    falko89 Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Options
    Jarndyce wrote: »
    About as long as this piece of string I have here.

It is impossible to say - there are so many different factors which can influence the length of time a case takes. Probably anything between 6 and 18 months depending on the complexity of the case.

Oh god:eek::eek: I am shocked And this is gonna be complex as it involves a tupe transfer
  • no-oneknowsme
    no-oneknowsme Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Options
    My Husband has been through a rather complex tribunal with his former employer.

He started the process by completing the ET1 in September and the hearing was listed for the following August so 11 months in total.
    The loopy one has gone :j
  • doodoot
    doodoot Posts: 554 Forumite
    Options
    Ours took 3 months from ET contacting the respondent to our day in court.

BUT, it was quick due to the respondent ignoring ET papers so we got a default judgement.

We're still bloody waiting for our award payments so it's now escalated to getting HCEO's on the job - the awards were given 2 months ago. :mad:

Hopefully yours will be as quick, and good luck!
    Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage.
  • RichardWilson_2
    Options
    Hi,

It is good to hear that your claim did not take so long. Did your employer not appeal against the default judgement. What happened next in the process and how long did it all take.

thanks
    Richard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family