Forum Home» Employment, Jobseeking & Training

manual assessment at Jag/Land Rover - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

manual assessment at Jag/Land Rover

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Employment, Jobseeking & Training
5.2K replies 976.7K views
24567517

Replies

  • Evening all, sat my online assessment 27th March, and then sat my manual assessment 20th April. Think i did quite well in both, i know i did very well in the psychometric tests as the chap from Manpower told me, and having sat many in the past i actually thought it was relatively easy to be fair.

    The manual assessment was not to bad either, the accessor whom watched me do the magnet test told me i was one of the fastest he has seen before. I completed the car spec test with time to spare (not much though) and completed the break assembley with 3 minutes to spare. Just playing the waiting game now i suppose...... :s

    Had an e-mail on Wednesday (25/4/12) just to say thanks for coming etc... and they will be in touch soon. How long have people been waiting for? i know some have been weeks, but has anyone heard back earlier? This is for the Halewood site btw.

    Many thanks for any and all replies.
  • Tom79Tom79 Forumite
    9 posts
    Anyone know the best answers for the pedal box test, 5 ways to improve this process?

    I have mine on Tuesday.
  • GARLAYNE wrote: »
    Hi
    Just to fill you in time scales. I was fast tracked I think, as my son works at Halewood I went through on an employee referral. I did my manual assessments on 2nd April, I received a phone call 3 days later to attend the interview 8th April. I received an e-mail the day after thanking me for attending and that Manpower would be in contact within 28 days. Being an impatient so and so I ran Manpower 25th April and was told that the ywould be in touch soon. I got the call yesterday, 26th. They told me I was successful in my assessments and interview but they are re-testing
    the initial online assessment in the classroom. So I have to attend today. This was what I felt was my weakest assessment so not looking forward to it. They are re-testing all successful applicants, so one more stage to go. I can't believe all the palava for an operative position.
    Hope this helps, good luck!


    Hi There,

    My Husband applied as you did through a recommendation, he had his manual assessment last Tuesday 24/04/12 and still hasn't heard anything, so not sure if he's been successful or not.

    He was told when he was there by a member of staff that applicants have been paying a bloke £10 in Liverpool to complete the initial online assessments for them!!! So the reason they're asking everyone to re-do them again in a controlled environment is to sift out the cheats. :T
    How did you get on? Hope you were successful mate.
  • edited 1 May 2012 at 6:05PM
    jon2012jon2012 Forumite
    17 posts
    edited 1 May 2012 at 6:05PM
    Has anyone here actually got further than the online assessment who hasn't been recommended by a current employee?
    I completed the online test a few weeks back and received an email just over a month saying they will be in touch within 28 days due to the amount of applications.
    Having heard nothing within the 28 days I contacted them and was told my application hadn't been assessed yet if I hadn't heard either way even though they didn't ask for my details.
    Someone mentioned on another forum that they received an email a few mins after completing the online test stating they were unsuccessful . At least I didn't receive one which may be of some hope.
    Did anyone manage to complete the full 60 psychometric test questions within the time limit?
  • anthonytanthonyt Forumite
    50 posts
    jon2012 wrote: »
    Has anyone here actually got further than the online assessment who hasn't been recommended by a current employee?
    I completed the online test a few weeks back and received an email just over a month saying they will be in touch within 28 days due to the amount of applications.
    Having heard nothing within the 28 days I contacted them and was told my application hadn't been assessed yet if I hadn't heard either way even though they didn't ask for my details.
    Someone mentioned on another forum that they received an email a few mins after completing the online test stating they were unsuccessful . At least I didn't receive one which may be of some hope.
    Did anyone manage to complete the full 60 psychometric test questions within the time limit?

    I done my online assessment about 29/03/12. I've since done the Manual Assessment and Face to Face Interview. Today I had the phonecall inviting me back to do the Online Assessment again.

    For anyone who has resit the online assessment. How long did it take to hear back from Jaguar as to whether you had the job or not?
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Kenny77Kenny77 Forumite
    1 posts
    Hi, can anyone tell me if you are made to take a drug test at the manuel assessment? Got mine tomorrow but been to amastetdam lately so was just wondering.
  • jazzylazjazzylaz Forumite
    8 posts
    jon2012 wrote: »
    Has anyone here actually got further than the online assessment who hasn't been recommended by a current employee?
    I completed the online test a few weeks back and received an email just over a month saying they will be in touch within 28 days due to the amount of applications.
    Having heard nothing within the 28 days I contacted them and was told my application hadn't been assessed yet if I hadn't heard either way even though they didn't ask for my details.
    Someone mentioned on another forum that they received an email a few mins after completing the online test stating they were unsuccessful . At least I didn't receive one which may be of some hope.
    Did anyone manage to complete the full 60 psychometric test questions within the time limit?

    Most of the people on my husband's manual assessment were NOT referrals if that helps at all mate. I think they're just overwhelmed with applications. They're testing 150 people a day minimum for the manual assessment with interviews going on at the same time.
  • anthonytanthonyt Forumite
    50 posts
    Kenny77 wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone tell me if you are made to take a drug test at the manuel assessment? Got mine tomorrow but been to amastetdam lately so was just wondering.

    No, no drugs test at Manual Assessment. Manual Assessment is pretty informal. You do the three tests then thats it for the day.

    Its the next stage you do the Drugs Test, as the Interview Stage. This is more formal as face to face interview then maths and english type test.
  • jazzylazjazzylaz Forumite
    8 posts
    anthonyt wrote: »
    I done my online assessment about 29/03/12. I've since done the Manual Assessment and Face to Face Interview. Today I had the phonecall inviting me back to do the Online Assessment again.

    For anyone who has resit the online assessment. How long did it take to hear back from Jaguar as to whether you had the job or not?

    How long after your manual assessment was it before you got the call for interview? We're still waiting! Thanks.
  • anthonytanthonyt Forumite
    50 posts
    jazzylaz wrote: »
    How long after your manual assessment was it before you got the call for interview? We're still waiting! Thanks.

    About 8 days after doing the Manual Assessment I got the phonecall inviting me for the Interview. Done manual assessment 13th April then got phone call 21st April. Done Interview 24th April then got the phonecall yesterday for the Online Assessment again in controlled environment.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support