Received letter to say I may have been mis-sold PPI by AWD Home finance

Options
We have received a letter this week from Martin Kaye solicitors advising that we may have been mis-sold the PPI added to our mortgage as a lump sum of £7,537 by AWD Home finance in 2007 when they dealt with our mortgage which we took with northern rock. I must admit we were young and naive when we remortgaged and were getting married at the time so stress levels were high with other things but I do remember questioning the PPI with the advisor as he said we had to have it because how else would we pay the mortgage if we were on sick or made redundant. I said we both would receive sick pay from work and redundancy packages but were told we had to have it to prevent us falling behind on payments or not being paid out. I'm not 100% sure without going through our papers who the PPI was with but the letter says that they have a solicitor barrie fairbairn who will deal with our case on a no win no fee basis I'm not sure what fee they take yet but I understand from the letter that we can try to do this ourselves?? How would we go about doing this and who do we contact? The mortgage company, AWD(carrington Carr) ?? Any help would be appreciated as this money would be an absolute godsend at the moment

Comments

• Moneygoes2money
    Options
    Carrington Carr were representatives of Legal & General so you should contact them and they will deal with your complaint for free (any payout will be the same regardless of whether you deal yourself or go through a third party but you stand to gain more dealing with it yourself because the third party will take a percentage of any redress).

Hope this helps.
    Mortgage start date: 21 July 2006
    Original term: 25 years
    Agreed redemption date: July 2031

Original advance: £155,220
    [strike]Balance oustanding on 30.09.2007: £150,387.96[/strike]
    Balance outstanding on 31.01.2008: £147,818.12
    Amount repaid since mortgage start date: £7,401.88
    Target: to reduce mortgage to £123,000 by 01.04.2010

Current monthly payment: £963.80 + £500.00 overpayment = £1,463.80
    Revised agreed redemption date: January 2031
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They also had this silly promotion where you paid them something like about £2,500 so they would advise you about future mortgages. Ignoring the fact that it will now never happen, it is a missale too because you would have been able to borrow £2,500 less (and not pay interest on it).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport