• Sterling_geezer
    Options
    Heres a good link from the BBC about MRSA

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4402089.stm
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,173 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am not so sure that there is a clear cut association with cleanliness and MRSA rates. I think a lot of it is politics using bad science to push a point. I could go on but I'll let someone else add their two pence as i think I got my moneys worth!
    I expect then that you have been as impressed as I have by the promise of "clean hospitals for hard-working families" currently on offer from one of our wannabe prime ministers. Shall we add to the pre-admission assessment "Do you come from a hard-working family?" :confused:
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    Of course people should see the GP if they are unwell, but they shouldn't come in demanding antibiotics which don't help, make you ill, and can make the bacteria resistant. Amazingly people still request them even when they are told all these things. Oh and in case you are wondering its not a cost cutting thing as the most commonly used antibiotics cost pennies.
    Mind you I did once walk out of an appointment with one GP and go straight to reception and make an appointment with my own GP for the next day (mine hadn't been free that day or I'd have seen him.) I'd been backwards and forwards to the surgery over a 3 week period with a cough which would not shift, I felt half-dead, and I had strained the muscles on both sides of my chest through continually coughing. Two GPs had said "It's a virus, it will get better on its own." Mine very quickly concluded that even if it was a virus, I had been feeling ghastly for quite long enough and promptly put me on antibiotics. So while I don't demand antibiotics just because I don't feel well, I do expect GPs to prescribe them when necessary - and I'm not convinced they always do!
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,076 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Here's another link savvy from a story I first noticed on Ceefax. it's more in line with your original concerns

BBC Link

This is my first inserted link!!! Hope it works!! :o

I saw your concerns on blood pressure too. Some people's blood pressure just goes up when they meet a white coat!!! Even more so if you're worried about what your blood pressue will be when you do :p

Would it be possible for you to fit into your day a half hour period where you can just lie down, raise your feet slightly with a cushion and just relax and think about your breathing. It's basically meditation without the jewellery!!

I bet it would work wonders, and it would be better than chasing all over town looking for herbs & potions to do the same job Take care, and best of luck when it all kicks off.
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    Toothsmith wrote:
    This is my first inserted link!!! Hope it works!! :o
    It did. Well done!
    Toothsmith wrote:
    I saw your concerns on blood pressure too. Some people's blood pressure just goes up when they meet a white coat!!! Even more so if you're worried about what your blood pressue will be when you do :p
    Oh, tell me about it! I bet if you dentists used sphygs they'd tell an interesting story too!
    Toothsmith wrote:
    Would it be possible for you to fit into your day a half hour period where you can just lie down, raise your feet slightly with a cushion and just relax and think about your breathing.
    It's not easy at work, but as I only work part-time they are sending me home ON TIME!
    Toothsmith wrote:
    It's basically meditation without the jewellery!!
    :rotfl:I love that comparison!
    Toothsmith wrote:
    I bet it would work wonders, and it would be better than chasing all over town looking for herbs & potions to do the same job Take care, and best of luck when it all kicks off.
    Well I'm not really doing that, my concern there was that some of the herby teas I was already drinking were unknowingly pushing the BP up - and they certainly had ingredients which might have been doing so. I'm on plain decaffeinated tea now ... but I do miss my chocolate!
    Toothsmith wrote:
    Take care, and best of luck when it all kicks off.
    Thank you!
  • robonz
    robonz Posts: 333 Forumite
    Options
    heres a good link to a MRSA forum click here
    thanks to everyone who has thanked me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate