St Patrick's Day, are you celebrating

Options
Good morning. Anyone celebrating with a party etc. we went to SIL last night for an Irish themed dinner party in honour of our son in law, he is half Irish. The hostess cooked an amazing meal and we all paid £10 per head, some paid more, for the pleasure of sitting and eating with good friends and family.

We raised £150 through simple kindness and hard work by the hostess. This has all been donated to the cancer fund to help with his cancer treatment
Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes

Comments

• rachel90
    rachel90 Posts: 306 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    :T Thats fantastic, brilliant that you all had such a wonderful time too!!
    I'm not celebrating St Patrick's Day but its so touching that people like you and your family are celebrating in such a lovely way.
  • sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you Rachel. We have decided as friends and family to help raise money that we will continu to get together for a meal at one of our homes and people donate, 4th July BBQ will be fun as we hope for at least 50 maybe even 75 might come to that as it is already an annual celebration when we get together with families bringing friends etc.
  • rachel90
    rachel90 Posts: 306 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    That really is so inspiring, I hope you all manage to raise lots of money! Good luck!

I read the blog a little while ago, it was really lovely. You have such a wonderful, brave family x
  • sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Even at this awful time we still recognise how blessed we are.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport