Comments

• tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    don't give up until Mart and Tunnel post.....:D:D
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    but provocation like that can't go unanswered
    OOO EERR I say, I wasn't going to post either but for clarification yesterday my SSW hit 0.4 O's

Today may be a different kettle of fish seeing as its DULL and MISTY smiley-sad030.gif
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • Sterlingtimes
    Options
    shavy65 wrote: »
    ... what does everyone reckon the saving on electricity is for a circa. 4Kwp system for a couple with a wife at home all day with child!? ...

My case is yet untested with people in and out of the house for most of the day. I rather presume that an electricity-greedy household will benefit more than an electricity-frugal one.

Ovo came up for renewal yesterday based on gas 24,393 kWh per annum and electricity 8,337 kWh per annum. We must be able to make some in roads.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • tunnel
    Options
    shavy65 wrote: »
    what does everyone reckon the saving on electricity is for a circa. 4Kwp system for a couple with a wife at home all day with child!?

I think my elec bill has nearly halved.
    That would depend on how you "teach" the one at home to use the electric to the best advantage. For instance, my wife just carried on as normal when my first panels went on despite my best efforts to encourage her to do the washing on sunny days, I would often come home to the washer, dryer and dishwasher on with no sun out(pitch black outside)
    Thankfully that has changed with the aid of a monitor, she can now see when we are exporting and switches on white goods accordingly. Our electric usage has dropped from 8500kWh a year to closer to 3500kWh(it helped changing the tv and white goods too)
    Ovo came up for renewal yesterday based on gas 24,393 kWh per annum and electricity 8,337 kWh per annum. We must be able to make some in roads.
    When we moved into our 3 bed detached in 09 that was roughly our usage. I fitted doors between the conservatory and the house, changed some double glazing and added some insulation and with the help of panels have finally got them figures down to roughly 12500kWh gas and 3500 leccy with a monthly DD of £72 for dual fuel so YES...you can make in roads, you've just got to get the other family members on side to do it. GL, only took me 3 years from the first panels going onsmiley-laughing011.gif
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • groovyf
    groovyf Posts: 286 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    1961Nick wrote: »
    According to the forecast, Halifax should get some daylight on Tuesday.:D

Kick a man when he's down!! :D
    It's miserable, isn't it. Come back sun, all is forgiven.

In other news, the Wattson transmitter is going back to its maker for a fix/repair/replacement. It's gone pear-shaped again and since yesterday morning thinks I'm guzzling 500w as background usage... and 300w when I unplug it from clamp cable.
    4kWp system (Feb 2014) : 1.5 SW, 2.5 NE (16x Bisol BMO/250, Aurora Power-One UNO PVI-3.6 Inverter : pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=29935
  • 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    groovyf wrote: »
    Kick a man when he's down!! :D
    It's miserable, isn't it. Come back sun, all is forgiven.

In other news, the Wattson transmitter is going back to its maker for a fix/repair/replacement. It's gone pear-shaped again and since yesterday morning thinks I'm guzzling 500w as background usage... and 300w when I unplug it from clamp cable.
    500w background ........It must be clipped onto my meter tails!:eek:

Halifax only had 2 completely dry days in Dec/Jan.:(
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • tunnel
    Options
    1961Nick wrote: »
    Halifax only had 2 completely dry days in Dec/Jan.:(
    Do you have a bee in your bonnet about Halifax, it's not THAT bad a place....is it?smiley-laughing025.gif
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,768 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tunnel wrote: »
    Do you have a bee in your bonnet about Halifax, it's not THAT bad a place....is it?smiley-laughing025.gif

How great can it be if they had to name it after a building society? ;)

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • tunnel
    Options
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    How great can it be if they had to name it after a building society? ;)

Mart.
    And here I was thinking it was a bank?smiley-confused013.gif
  • 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I work in Halifax. It has it's good points & I'll get back to you when I think of one....:D
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,768 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And here I was thinking it was a bank?smiley-confused013.gif

Oh the youff of today! No knowledge of history whatsoever.

Back in the mists of time there were a whole load of Northern towns without names. Back then everything was in black and white, and they couldn't afford names.

After a fund raising meeting, selling off cloth caps and pigeons, they finally raised enough monies to buy some names. But not enough for anything extravagant, so the building societies offered to match fund them for some advertising.

Hey presto the towns of Halifax, Leeds, Yorkshire, Bradford, Bingley, Barnsley and Nationwide were born. Plus many others.

This was also the start of the great war with the city of Trustee Savings, but that's a story for another time.

Mart.

PS Gen isn't exactly great today!
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback