• Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Merlin139 wrote: »

On the Gas and Lecy front we used:

Gas 160 Units

Lecy 242 Kwh

160 Metric gas units is approx 1,790 kWh - makes me feel great about my all electric 876 kWh, especially as I heat the house to 21C 24/7.
  • 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Andy_WSM wrote: »
    Are you electric only like me?
    Nope...we also consume £900 of gas pa!
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 1 February 2015 at 1:47PM
    Options
    160 Metric gas units is approx 1,790 kWh - makes me feel great about my all electric 876 kWh, especially as I heat the house to 21C 24/7.

Don't get too excited Andy; electric is 3-4 times more expensive per kWh.....:eek:
    Looking at the last few posts, pleased with my £62 DD per month which covers both.....smiley-laughing013.gif.....smiley-laughing021.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tunnel wrote: »
    My import used to be similar until I changed all the white goods & tv
    Care to expand what's eating your leccy?
    A very old fridge/freezer, a freezer & the tumble drier are the main culprits. The freezers are getting replaced very shortly but there's not much I can do about the TD.

Last November I installed an air source heat pump (1.3kWh) in the conservatory & binned the 5kWh (combined) fan heaters. It's working so well that it's responsible for January's 100kWh & December's 175kWh drop in consumption. I'm also pretty certain it's reduced the gas bill but I don't have any figures for a before & after comparison.
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • Minrich
    Minrich Posts: 635 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We will soon to be producing Electric and have been looking at this thread ... 4kw system near Ipswich , Suffolk 1.75W South - 2.25W West

1 . Where will i find a website that gives me what i can expect to produce according to my postcode
    2 . What does O's mean when people post what they have produced ?
    3 . Do inverters give you this information daily or do they keep the figures for a week ? Our inverter will be in the loft and i'm not going up there every day !
    4 . Any other comments advice welcomed
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    Options
    1961Nick wrote: »
    but there's not much I can do about the TD.
    I ditched my TD, twas old and consumed loads of leccy, flogged it on fleabay and put the proceeds towards an AEG heat pump dryer. Best thing I did as it came with a 5yr guarantee, that was 2 1/2 years ago and its already paid for itself....no-brainer really(well it is if you have the cash sat in an account earning !!!!!! all)
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    Options
    Minrich wrote: »
    We will soon to be producing Electric and have been looking at this thread ... 4kw system near Ipswich , Suffolk 1.75W South - 2.25W West

1 . Where will i find a website that gives me what i can expect to produce according to my postcode
    2 . What does O's mean when people post what they have produced ?
    3 . Do inverters give you this information daily or do they keep the figures for a week ? Our inverter will be in the loft and i'm not going up there every day !
    4 . Any other comments advice welcomed
    Hi Minrich and welcome to the madhouse,
    In answer to your questions
    1, HERE
    2, See Mr Oscargrouch's signature
    3, Just deduct from your generation meter(unless thats in the loft too)
    4, Maybe helpfull to get an energy monitor, that way you can check when you're producing the most and give you the best time to turn on the power hungry appliances(usually when its sunny..lol)

Finally, When you get your head around it all, post your daily totals on here, you get an idea how your system is performing against like minded/similar/local installs
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • Andy_WSM
    Options
    Don't get too excited Andy; electric is 3-4 times more expensive per kWh.....:eek:
    Looking at the last few posts, pleased with my £62 DD per month which covers both.....smiley-laughing013.gif.....smiley-laughing021.gif

It wasn't a cost thing. A kW of heat is a kW of heat no matter what it's source.

No good telling me it's cheaper to burn gas if I don't have gas. That's like telling me pixie dust is free, I still can't use it!
  • Andy_WSM
    Options
    1961Nick wrote: »
    Nope...we also consume £900 of gas pa!

Aha!

Longleat_House.jpg
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No good telling me it's cheaper to burn gas if I don't have gas. That's like telling me pixie dust is free, I still can't use it!

But it is free, and good for the garden....smiley-laughing021.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback