Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have I understood it; the objective is to move the yellow slice on top of the magenta one, and thus turn it green; leaving the left hand pie all blue ?

The left Pie shows energy generated that day & what proportion was used in house (blue section); the (yellow) is what was exported to the grid. The R/H/S Pie shows where energy used comes from; the key being Green (Solar) Magenta (Grid). You can of course select what period of days you want to show by use of the calendar; i.e. 1st Jan to 31st Jan to see a result for a completed month. :D
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • shafeeq
    shafeeq Posts: 973 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cloudy day 1.42 kwh today. snow forecast tomorrow. ....
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    3.68 kWh today, so finally broken through 3 MWh. Pretty good week actually, might actually hit Feb PVGIS. Oddly, February is the only month for which my classic PVGIS figure exceeds the SAF PVGIS. I might have to go back and check this, because the SAF figure is significantly higher for every other month.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • Oscargrouch
    Options
    shafeeq wrote: »
    snow forecast tomorrow. ....

That's what you call a Prophet of Doom...smiley-shocked003.gif

2 kWh here in darkest Northants...:mad:
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    legoman62 wrote: »
    Another bitterly cold day here.
    No sun whatsoever
    :(
    Ditto,ditto,ditto 2.1kWh today.
    And there's more!

What happened to global warming?:D
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The left Pie shows energy generated that day & what proportion was used in house (blue section); the (yellow) is what was exported to the grid. The R/H/S Pie shows where energy used comes from; the key being Green (Solar) Magenta (Grid). You can of course select what period of days you want to show by use of the calendar; i.e. 1st Jan to 31st Jan to see a result for a completed month. :D
    Hi

Prediction ..... Green slice grows a little, but Yellow slice grows a lot ... ;)

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • Oscargrouch
    edited 21 February 2013 at 11:28PM
    Options
    legoman62 wrote: »
    And there's more!
    What happened to global warming?:D

Believe in that, and you could be in a worst mind set than us lot on here....smiley-laughing021.gif
    zeupater wrote: »
    Hi

Prediction ..... Green slice grows a little, but Yellow slice grows a lot ... ;)
    HTH
    Z

Good prediction, maybe; hope your wrong, but would hope the green becomes huge, Blue becomes complete ....:D

• Oscargrouch
    edited 22 February 2013 at 1:19AM
    Options
    Just thought I would throw this graph in to the Pot, not that there is any sense of humour on this thread !:rotfl:

19th Feb. generated 10.8kWh: At 05:40 younger wife got up for work, all lights and 'Kettle' ablaze. 07:58 have my first cuppa; apart from tea breaks while on Photoshop green exceeded red all day soon after PV Inverter woke, red rose when small heater went on due to OptiPlug, but it always made sure that the green exceeded the red; apart from higher than Gen when I put the kettle on, but at that time it switched off; and then came the dreaded Dinner, when the sun had gone..... greensmilies-024.gif:mad:

19thgraph.jpg

• shafeeq
    shafeeq Posts: 973 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another cloudy day 0.93 khw
  • InVestor_2
    Options
    Last 3 days..

2.9 kWh
    1.4 kWh
    2.1 kWh

At least it's been really cold, cos panels work better right? right? :cry: