Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• Coastalwatch
    Coastalwatch Posts: 3,149 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Brrrr! Hope it's not coming our way, 2.099 O's this twosday.:)
    No snow thankfully, just a heavy frost, so no harm done and 1.92 O's recorded.
    To think that on 16th day of Jan generation amounted to a mere 75.2% of pvgis forecast. Today, the 23rd, saw generation pass the expected pvgis total for the entire month.
    Think I'd better stop posting now, before you all gang up and send the boys round! :o
    East coast, lat 51.97. 8.26kw SSE, 23° pitch + 0.59kw WSW vertical. Nissan Leaf plus Zappi charger and 2 x ASHP's. Givenergy 8.2 & 9.5 kWh batts, 2 x 3 kW ac inverters. Indra V2H . CoCharger Host, Interest in Ripple Energy & Abundance.
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,559 Forumite
    Options
    Below zero here today but no snow. Made 1.525 O's = best Jan day:T
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Options
    Best day of the year (so far) yesterday with 0.57 O's

Two more weeks to go before the sun peeps above the mountain (horizon).
  • Zarch
    Zarch Posts: 393 Forumite
    Options
    1.89 O yesterday for 235% of PVGIS daily..... more of that please!
    17 x 300W panels (5.1kW) on a 3.68kW SolarEdge system in Sunny Sheffield.
    12kW Pylontech battery storage system with Lux AC controller
    Creator of the Energy Stats UK website and @energystatsuk Twitter Feed
  • Chris_Wiseman
    Chris_Wiseman Posts: 27 Forumite
    edited 24 January 2019 at 11:50AM
    Options
    2.3 O's here and my first day of 15kWh generated :)
    6.3kW system in Loughborough. 15 JASolar 300w panels on main roof SSE (no shading) with 4.2kW Growatt Inverter. 6 JASolar 300w panels on garage roof WSW (some winter shading) with a 1.65kW Growatt Inverter. Running a Nissan Leaf 24kW and considering battery storage :)
  • Coastalwatch
    Coastalwatch Posts: 3,149 Forumite
    Options
    No snow thankfully, just a heavy frost, so no harm done and 1.92 O's recorded.
    To think that on 16th day of Jan generation amounted to a mere 75.2% of pvgis forecast. Today, the 23rd, saw generation pass the expected pvgis total for the entire month.
    Think I'd better stop posting now, before you all gang up and send the boys round! :o
    After a brilliant seven days just 0.34 O's today. A little confession now, I've just tried out v5 of PVGIS and discovered that it's forecasts are approx 6% higher annually than the version I've been using to date. Mind you it varies from month to month in our case and with the position reversed in November, some show little difference while Feb & March an 8.5% increase.
    So apologies if some of my figures appeared a little optimistic.:)
    East coast, lat 51.97. 8.26kw SSE, 23° pitch + 0.59kw WSW vertical. Nissan Leaf plus Zappi charger and 2 x ASHP's. Givenergy 8.2 & 9.5 kWh batts, 2 x 3 kW ac inverters. Indra V2H . CoCharger Host, Interest in Ripple Energy & Abundance.
  • legoman62
    Options
    1.275 O's today...and it's been freezing cold all day:eek:
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    legoman62 wrote: »
    1.275 O's today...and it's been freezing cold all day:eek:
    You obviously didn't get the cloud most of the Day? 0.44 O's here and today...swearing-smiley.gif..coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Smidge better today with 0.72 O's...coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • legoman62
    Options
    0.85 O's here today...passed my worst Jan total too:j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback