Options
    legoman62 wrote: »
    No, it's not that...tried both;)

May be location though:think:

Oh no! what I have started:eek:

Edit. Nick, Just seen your post so yes

You did start by saying :-
    How come my Mar PVGIS is 339kWh and our location, size, orientation and azimuth are similar
    If location isn't actually (very) similar then of course the PVGIS forecasts will differ !
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Target hit! 9.22 so far today. Currently at 303.55 kWh for the month :)

About to eat a jumbo roll with hot roast pork and Apple sauce, day can't go much better really!!
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 31 March 2015 at 12:16PM
    Options
    EricMears wrote: »
    You did start by saying :-If location isn't actually (very) similar then of course the PVGIS forecasts will differ !

I don't think we are that far apart...less than 30 miles as the crow flies:D

Both live in N. Lincs, though I'm West a little and on the coast..must be all that sea air:)
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Our iBoost was fitted today. Now have a tank of hot water and not used any logs!!! YAY!!!!!! Well worth it!!!!

Also over target for the month!!!! Will post end of month figures later!!!

Edwink ;)
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    3rd Hawaii of the month and more to come!smiley-happy005.gif
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Still generating (140W) but prob near enough to report a monthly figure of 310kWh or 10.7% above PVGIS forecast. Quite happy with that (except that March 2014 was 28% above PVGIS :D )
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • old_grouser
    old_grouser Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    No, it's not that...tried both;)

May be location though:think:

Oh no! what I have started:eek:

Well, there's something to be said for being south and facing south and overlooking the sea and having the panels at the best angle (a bit over 45 degrees, ideally). However, I suspect that microclimate plays a big part. Because I'm high up, I can often see that the weather a mile or two inland is very different from what it is a mile or two nearer the coast.

4.5 Os today, with a very mixed bag of cloud cover and a fine cooling breeze on the panels!
    O G :cool: Somewhere on the South Downs
    3.29kWp S by E
    Greetings to Druids everywhere
  • The_Green_Hornet
    Options
    March 2015 has been above average with 123 kWh generated against a PVGIS Climate estimation of 115 kWh.

March 2015 123 kWh
    March 2014 131 kWh
    March 2013 76 kWh
    March 2012 130 kWh
    March 2011 122 kWh

http://pvoutput.org/aggregate.jsp?id=7259&sid=5821&v=0&t=m
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    EricMears wrote: »
    Still generating (140W) but prob near enough to report a monthly figure of 310kWh or 10.7% above PVGIS forecast. Quite happy with that (except that March 2014 was 28% above PVGIS :D )

Similar story here. 10% PVGIS, but below last March.

Hawaii & a half (22 kWh) here today! Best day of the year. Woooo.
  • Dodo0808
    Dodo0808 Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    Another month draws to a close.

Achieved 18.9kWh today = 4.7 O's.

Managed to get 103% of pvgis...not sure how that happened! Only managed one Hawaii in the entire month.

Last couple of days weather has been hair raising in more ways than one. Roof and panels have survived. Same can't be said for the felt on my garden shed/hot tub enclosure. Will have to get someone in to look at it once the wind and rain subsides.

Here's hoping April is more settled and sunnier (although somehow I doubt it looking at the next few days forecast).
    4kw (16X250w Sharp). Samil Solar River 3680 TL inverter.
    E.mids/SSE. 35 degree roof pitch, no shading.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback