really annoyed

Options
my partner went for a job the other day as a paintball marshall, it was advertised in the local paper. he got there puntual at 7a.m and didn't finish until 7p.m , he got paid £40 which we don't get for a month. and when he asked if hes got the job the man said " oh no, we didn't need full time staff just someone for this weekend"
we were so disappointed, i was sitting there all day thinking we could finally come off benifits, beable to afford to treat the kids.
sorry to moan its just so annoyning. we never get any luck , you know when you just feel like you can't catch a break :mad:

Comments

• char22
    char22 Posts: 231 Forumite
    Options
    also while i'm on a moan ( i know its early sorry) another thing that annoys me is my sodden neighbour

i live with my boyfriend and two children we sign on and are activly seeking work and play by the book ( even told the jobcentre about the measly £40 he earnt the other day)
    my neighbour has is claiming income support, has 70,000 in the bank from when her mum died, lives with a partner ( she also hasn't declared this) and her partner brings home £300 a week, she is also claiming housing benifit, child tax, coucil tax benifit and everything that she can.
    the other day when i was saying in conversation i can't wait till tommorow pay day bla bla bla.....
    she told me that we should do what shes doingand that shes never skint ....

she always throws digs in like this and is so cocky with it

you know when you just wish someone would get caught:mad:
  • ontheup_3
    Options
    Well turn the tables and you get a nice payout for telling the benifit fruad team !!

I know its not a nice thing to do but neither is taking money off those that need it :mad:

And see if it knocks the cockyness out of them !!

And if it helps you by having a damn good moan then you do it !!! thats what were here for ;)
  • char22
    Options
    ahh thanks

didn't know you got a payout for reporting benifit cheats?
    how much ;)
  • ontheup_3
    Options
    char22 wrote:
    ahh thanks

didn't know you got a payout for reporting benifit cheats?
    how much ;)

Im not sure how much i think it used to be £500 , not sure if they still do it but im sure they do as it saves thm money in the long run !!!;)
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    You don't get any monetary rewards for reporting benefit cheats - just a warm feeling inside. :)
  • char22
    Options
    ooo, she'd better not annoy me today with that knowledge who know what i might do :D

no really i couldn't do it as much as she bugs the granny out of me , its not fair on her children, who incidently are both little *******
  • DjSatansfury
    Options
    You dont afaik
  • ontheup_3
    Options
    char22 wrote:
    ooo, she'd better not annoy me today with that knowledge who know what i might do :D

no really i couldn't do it as much as she bugs the granny out of me , its not fair on her children, who incidently are both little *******

I agree about the children but if they have money in the bank and have a decent income then it shouldnt affect them , if its the first time they have fruaded the system they willl get slap on the wrist and the benifit stopped (or lowered to what it should be)

What you must remember is that the people that need it dont get it because there is so many billions of pounds paid out on fruad cases , money that would be better spent in hospital/schools etc :mad:
  • char22
    Options
    shes been caught doing it before at a previous address, what would happen then
  • liney
    liney Posts: 5,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How would it not be fair on her children? The family will still have ample to live on as her partner has a job. You dont starve afterall, and you manage.
    "On behalf of teachers, I'd like to dedicate this award to Michael Gove and I mean dedicate in the Anglo Saxon sense which means insert roughly into the anus of." My hero, Mr Steer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure