Organising a craft fair?!

Options
I am thinking of arranging a craft fair in my local area as there are so few going on.
I was wondering if anyone is experienced at doing this and what processes you go through. Any hints and tips would also be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance
x

Comments

• Jo_F
    Jo_F Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiring a hall, finding people to have the stalls, making sure you have enough tables etc.

Advertising. (lots of, will use most of the budget)

Insurance.
  • pateroo
    pateroo Posts: 252 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks jo! Is it really that 'simple'? I guess the level of insurance required would depend on the venue? X
  • jonty03
    jonty03 Posts: 692 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    With the advertising, I found that placing ads in the local papers and also advertising in the 'your events' columns (free in our locals) and putting posters up locally - shops, library, school, church etc was very effective.

Your local radio station may also agree to plug it if there's a charitable cause involved.

Good luck

• Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    You would need your own public liability insurance and should be able to get this for a one-off event. You will need this even if the venue as its own public liability insurance.

You will need to visit the venue, find out what electrical sockets they have and whether or not they allow you to use extension leads (some venues don't). You will need work out your stand space and what size your stands will be - have a variety of large and small stands, you would then need to price the stands so that crafters hiring would know what to they are expected to pay for - will the stand fee include refreshments or not? You would need to provide tables - these could be hired from the venue or from another supplier (again check with the venue).

To advertise the event - send a press release to your local newspaper, have flyers and put them in prominent places, use twitter, facebook etc to promote it. Ask the venue if they will allow you to advertise the event on their website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure