MARTIN LEWIS LIVE Q&A TODAY WITH RISHI SUNAK
The Chancellor Rishi Sunak will be joining Martin for a live Q&A this afternoon to discuss the cost of living support package being announced today - you'll be able to watch it live HERE on the MoneySavingExpert website, stay tuned for more details

CL Finance - defaults 6 months in arrears

in Debt-Free Wannabe
27 replies 5.6K views
13»

Replies

• :j Well I sent my letter to CL Finance on Monday and I've just checked my Experian credit report online and the CL account has gone! They must have amended the record to a default dated 2005 and it's instantly dropped off. I CANNOT believe it!!! My credit score has gone from 588 to 906 overnight!

Thank you SO MUCH to Fermi for your fantastic advice. If I win the lottery tonight, I'll send you half :D
  • fermifermi Forumite
    40.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great result. :)

Keep half an eye on it though, as it's not unknown for theses things to sneak back on some time later. i.e they amend it manually now, but an automated system that knows no better reapplies it next time account updates are sent. Doesn't happen often, but as said, pays to check that the default doesn't reappear.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Will do - thanks again Fermi :)
  • newlywednewlywed Forumite
    8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am having the same thing from CL Finance. I am in a DMP. Is it better to act now and ask for it to be amended to a default, or to wait until the DMP has ended (another 9 years at the moment, already 5 years in). All the other debts defaulted me 2 or more years ago.

I thought it was just something I had to live with as a result of being stupid with my money....
    working on clearing the clutter
  • Ken100464Ken100464 Forumite
    24 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Interesting as this is the same as me except my Noddle account is showing AR?

Again its CL Finance and I have worked out that a default in 2009 would have been better than what they are doing now.

Was just about to settle the whole amount as know this will be on my CR until 2018 even if settled now. All my other accounts defaulted in 2009 and will therefore be gone in 2015.

Seems they been rumbled on this one.
  • edited 14 July 2012 at 6:59AM
    starsky27starsky27 Forumite
    104 Posts
    edited 14 July 2012 at 6:59AM
    Hi all,
    I posted a thread on a similar subject yesterday.
    Fermi kindly pointed me to this thread.
    We have only just realised that my partners account is still showing as status six even after finishing paying the DMP five years ago.
    The strange thing is that there is no other info in regards to this account on Expirian in regard to payments made apart from the final update on the 3/7/07 when the account was settled. This still is showing as a status six and has made us get declined for a recent mortgage. They haven't defaulted the account like they should have done but left it as a status six. All the other accounts on the DMP have been settled and are showing as satisfactory. Very annoying considering my partners credit score is at 776 and mine at 960.
    I will have to look into sending letters of like the others have done in this thread and hopefully get that status taken off.
    I would appreciate it if someone could give me the address for CL Finance.
    Cheers,
    Mark
  • fermifermi Forumite
    40.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    starsky27 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I posted a thread on a similar subject yesterday.
    Fermi kindly pointed me to this thread.
    We have only just realised that my partners account is still showing as status six even after finishing paying the DMP five years ago.
    The strange thing is that there is no other info in regards to this account on Expirian in regard to payments made apart from the final update on the 3/7/07 when the account was settled. This still is showing as a status six and has made us get declined for a recent mortgage. They haven't defaulted the account like they should have done but left it as a status six. All the other accounts on the DMP have been settled and are showing as satisfactory. Very annoying considering my partners credit score is at 776 and mine at 960.
    I will have to look into sending letters of like the others have done in this thread and hopefully get that status taken off.
    I would appreciate it if someone could give me the address for CL Finance.
    Cheers,
    Mark

Another two cases corrected after this.

See http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4070713
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides