New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

when do you enter comps

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Compers Chat Corner
19 replies 2.9K views
jojo1969jojo1969 Forumite
642 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Compers Chat Corner
i usually enter them the day or two before they end and was wondering if anyone had won by doing this or is it better to enter when they have just been put on.as ive had no luck as yet with entering them late
thanks to all who post xx
positive thinking :) actifry,slimming world meals,2 adult bikes,£50 iceland vouchers

Replies

• I enter them on the end day and had two wins this year...and just started comping in jan!
    VIP Big Brother eviction and hotel,Weekend in shropshire,Necklace and earings johnny English set, watch,steam mop,coffee machine,
    Scotland travel and spending money,xbox 360, kinnectFudge hair,cleanser,london dungens tickets
    soap and glory gift set, ice cream,tickets for madagasca, cup final mascot.
    Trip to L.A:j
  • ElledeeElledee Forumite
    337 posts
    I cant figure out how to search for end dates so I just enter them as they come on the board. If you know how to get comps up by the closing date I would appreciate your advise.
    Nov - organix hamper & £50 tesco voucher
    Jan - Boon Baby bath frog & bath toys
    Feb - 2 cinema tickets
    March - 2 cinema tickets/3 packs of baby porridge/Coors t-shirt
    April - nothing!
    May - 2 tickets to home show
  • edited 23 February 2012 at 2:30PM
    mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    44.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 February 2012 at 2:30PM
    Elledee wrote: »
    I cant figure out how to search for end dates so I just enter them as they come on the board. If you know how to get comps up by the closing date I would appreciate your advise.

At the bottom of the comps page are "display options", if you change them to "Sorted By - Thread Title" and "Sort Order - Ascending" then when you press "Show Threads" that will put them in day order, so all the 01s will be togeather followed by 02 etc

(the "From The - Beginning" option does not need to be changed)

• zebedee01zebedee01 Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I always enter the day before they end, and i don't usually get through the whole list either, but i do do well x
    :starmod: May all your wishes come true! :starmod:
  • I work from the back of the list to the front slowly but surely but never seem to catch up. And i search for 01/01 or whatever, searching title only and untick search child forums, and enter all the ones on the end day. I've won a few things this year, but I enter so many I wish I won a bit more.
    Jan:£500 Cottage,TNA tix,Vodka party.Feb:Starwarstix,Tshirt,Hammerfest,
    GreedyGourmet,Bareminerals,Tea.Mar:Vancouver hols,Forkmag.21 Jump tix,HDaz launch,vits,South Pacific&hotel,Makeup,beads,Jar.Apr:3D TV,ipad,sky.May:Kew gig,bag,soap,baby stuff.Jun:Hyde Park gigJul:food fest.Aug:Fitness retreat, choc workshop.Sep:
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • I enter by most recently posted, I've done end-by date comping before and prefer this method. For example at present I have entered or ticked entered even if I haven't on every comp on here!!!
    2009 Wins = £833
    2010 Wins = £6,597
    2011 Wins = £7,083

£2,012 in 2012 = £450/£2,012
    20 in 2012 = 4/20
  • i enter them the day they are posted
  • thanks all im going to try when just posted and maybe do a search fot the big comps so i dont miss them
    thanks to all who post xx
    positive thinking :) actifry,slimming world meals,2 adult bikes,£50 iceland vouchers
  • suebfgsuebfg Forumite
    404 posts
    I was wondering this myself. I enter comps early (day or day after posted) and hardly win a thing
  • jojo1969 wrote: »
    i usually enter them the day or two before they end and was wondering if anyone had won by doing this or is it better to enter when they have just been put on.as ive had no luck as yet with entering them late

feb wins:thornton chocolates,£100 jewellery voucher,a bag,mans watch.

Your signature looks like you're doing alright to me however you're entering them.
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support