Bike Stolen in Leicester - Annoying Situation

Options
So one of my brothers friends borrowed my Saracen Mantra bike whilst I was at work without asking me and left it on his front garden at night in Syston, Leicester were consequently it got stolen - This was back in October of 2011. The family of the boy have been promising me that they are going to sort it out, but in 6 months they have done nothing and they are starting to take the p**s. Originally they said it was going to be sorted through the house insurance but then after two months of doing nothing about it they changed their mind and said they would buy me the same bike off the internet instead... Needless to say they have still done nothing about it :mad:

I'm really at wits end with constantly waiting for them to take action and do something about it, it just seems like their fogging me off. The worst thing about it is my mum knows them well and she has been texting them regularly to sort it out but their just coming up with excuses.

I want to take action myself, is their anything I can do? I can't literally go round and force the money out of them but can I go to the police about it? It's a bit of a strange situation seeing as my mum knows them well but their just showing no respect in dealing with it and leaving me without my expensive bike and no transport other than to bus or walk. Suggestions please!:A

Comments

• KateBob
    KateBob Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well you could go to the police as it is theft (your bike was taken without your consent).
    However this is unlikely to get you a replacement and will cause an upset.

You could mention to the family in question that you are going to report it to the police, that could well get them moving!
    Kate short for Bob.

Alphabet thread High Priestess of all things unsavoury

Tesla was a genius.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills