Bankrupcy - which address??

Options
Hi All,

I am leaving home at the end of the month and will be moving into a rented flat.

I would rather the bankruptcy goes against my mothers home address than the rented address. Can this be done??

On the statement of affairs it ask's for the landlords name and address. Do I put down the letting agents details as I don't know the address of the landlord??

Many Thanks

Paul.

Comments

• less2303
    less2303 Posts: 198 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The address you will need to give is your current address at the time of BR. You will also have to give previous addresses.

You could put the letting agents address, but be prepared to have to find out the landlords address if the OR asks for it.
    10 1p's are better than no 10p's !!! :think:

BSCSC member #35

Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected become the expected?;)

Remember, posts here are just the informed views of someone with similar experiences to your own or with some basic understanding of the issues.
    Please remember, if in doubt, seek professional advice!
  • conspiracy
    Options
    Thanks again less2303 your a wealth of information!!
  • earwig
    earwig Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    when my oh went bankrupt we were in rented still are and we just gave the letting agents address as we didnt know where the landlord lived it was some where in oz and the or ws ok about it and we didnt get any request to find out more but or do things differently to other or hope this helps
    i cant slow down i wont be waiting for you i cant stop now because im dancing
  • conspiracy
    Options
    Thanks Earwig.

Think I'll give the rented flat as current address, mothers as previous and letting agents as landlords.

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport