We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

free chips voucher : Sun Fri 24th

... as part of "national chip week"

voucher in the Sun newspaper next Friday ( Feb 24th ) for a free portion of chips at participating take-aways .
Dont know where these are, but there should be a list in the paper/ on their website nearer the time.

Comments

  • rlf1993
    rlf1993 Posts: 28 Forumite
    I think this is the list of participating takeaways:
    http://chips.lovepotatoes.co.uk/free-chips
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    rlf1993 wrote: »
    I think this is the list of participating takeaways:
    http://chips.lovepotatoes.co.uk/free-chips

    This list has been re-ordered since it was first published - into regions - to make it easier to find if there is anything close to you.
  • none near us sadly....oh well ....:)
    Lurking in a galaxy far far away...
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    The closest participating chippy to me was closed on the day of the offer

    I wonder if these shops were paid to participate, if they paid the organiser or something else.

    I really hope they didnt get anything in return for taking part when they didnt even open up for the day
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • sumoqueen
    sumoqueen Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I got a bag from the shop in a town 15 miles from me as I was out shopping - otherwise there was none local to me
    No buying toiletries challenge - possibly for most of 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015!
    £1 in sealed pot for each UU (2011 135/500:D) 2012 have UU 130/400 (never realised I had a mini chemist under my bed!!!) :rotfl:2013 UU 156/350. 2014 UU 197/250 2015 UU 16/100

    Nursing is a work of heart by angels in comfortable shoes!!! :)
  • ShaneUK
    ShaneUK Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    damn!! I missed this - and my local (500 yards from home!) was participating :( Oh well, maybe next year!
  • Deanied
    Deanied Posts: 405 Forumite
    My local gave me free fish and chips by mistake! yum very cheap dinner.
  • Red_Cat
    Red_Cat Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    D'Oh! there were two near me and I missed out. Will have to keep my eyes peeled for this next year.
    Hoping this year is better than the last. :)
  • rlf1993 wrote: »
    I think this is the list of participating takeaways: (not allowed to post links as a new user what a load of bs


    All I get on this link is page not found - same with the suns listed address to find out where ya nearest chippy is thats accepting vouchers - this is a con... voucher is supposed to be good untill the 26th (today) but I can't find out if any chip shops near me are participating!
  • tescobabe69
    tescobabe69 Posts: 7,504 Forumite
    All I get on this link is page not found - same with the suns listed address to find out where ya nearest chippy is thats accepting vouchers - this is a con... voucher is supposed to be good untill the 26th (today) but I can't find out if any chip shops near me are participating!
    Valid to the 26th of erm......... February, still never mind only three months late.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.