Breakfast in Dumfries

Bigcammy
Bigcammy Posts: 1,099
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
Morning all our Scottish posters,

I'm travelling from Cairnryan to Northern england next week and we're stopping off in Dumfries for the night. rather than pay the exorbitent price for breakfast in the hotel and being thoroughly disappointed with it, does anyone have a recommendation for a decent breakfast place to fuel up before the rest of the drive?

We're staying at the Premier Inn on the Annan road,

Thanks
Norn Iron Club Member No. 252 :beer:

Comments

• The Premier Inn is south side of town, heading out towards Annan/Carlisle on bypass.
    If you're in a hurry, it's best not to go into town in the morning. But, If you fancy a quiet drink night before, the Five Arches pub is 5 mins walk towards Dumfries from Prem. Or Wetherspoons "Robert the Bruce", cheap beer/food, have to drive tho'. Or see some Burns pubs, Globe Tavern, Hole i the Wa' in town centre.
    Little Chef, probably not any cheaper than Premier, as you head south next to Shell Petrol at r/about.
    So, some better choices; head back into town, one r/about backwards on bypass, Lockerbie Road, Tarff Valley farm supplies have a popular cafe. Good bacon rolls. Not sure of opening times tho', but you'll pass it on your way from STR.
    Or keep heading on to Lockerbie (15 mins), High st cafe does good breakfast, or there are also couple of bakers shops. Then straight onto M74 south.
    Or head to Annan (15 mins), for similar.

Carlisle has either McD and ASDA(cafe+fuel) just 2 mins off J44 M6, follow Carlisle then Kingstown Estate, or burger van, second left from J44 r/about, or Tesco(cafe+fuel) 2 mins J43 M6.

Shame I don't live round there any more, I wouldn't have charged much!
  • Bigcammy
    Forumite
    Brilliant, thanks Wallacebob!
  • Think The Doonhamer on Church Crescent in Dumfries is good for breakfasts
    Have a look at trip advisor.
    But wallacebob has covered everywhere!
  • Bigcammy
    Forumite
    Mrs. Bigcammy took one look at the webpage for the Tarff Valley place and made her mind up there and then! Thanks for all the replies, greatly appreciated
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport