Natwest Mortgage renew due

Options
My mortgage deals finished 31st Mar this year and looking on their website for a deal. Property is worth 250k LTV is 54%. I see a deal which looks good but need some clarification on the following posits:

1. Eligibility
  • Minimum of £1000 credit turnover made to a NatWest account per month YES
  • Must have at least 2 direct debits or 2 standing orders go out of the NatWest account per month NO
  • 2 transactions via debit card, cashpoint or cheque per month through the NatWest Account 1 Transaction
  • This criteria must be met at the time of application to qualify for the product
My question for eligibility the statments where I do not qualify can I set 2 DD and use my card x2 in Feb & Mar to qualify for the Mortgage renewal deal in March? (if i do i can avoid the £499 product fee)

Also further down the mortage deal page it mentions:
Minimum deposit = 40%
Minimum loan amount = £25,000

What does this mean? Please can someone advice me.

Many Thanks in advance.

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would think your plan for the DD's and debit card payments would work.

The 40% deposit bit I assume means the max LTV for this deal is 60% and minimum loan £25000 speaks for itself. Just be sure of your valuation. By my reckoning your mortgage is £150,000, should the mortgage valuation come in at say £240,000 then 60% isn't enough for you.
  • realfun
    realfun Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    BoGoF wrote: »
    I would think your plan for the DD's and debit card payments would work.

The 40% deposit bit I assume means the max LTV for this deal is 60% and minimum loan £25000 speaks for itself. Just be sure of your valuation. By my reckoning your mortgage is £150,000, should the mortgage valuation come in at say £240,000 then 60% isn't enough for you.

Sorry for being thick but im still confused with the %, I owe £136k if that helps.
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    realfun wrote: »
    ]My question for eligibility the statments where I do not qualify can I set 2 DD and use my card x2 in Feb & Mar to qualify for the Mortgage renewal deal in March? (if i do i can avoid the £499 product fee)
    Give them a ring and ask
    Also further down the mortage deal page it mentions:
    Minimum deposit = 40%
    Minimum loan amount = £25,000

What does this mean? Please can someone advice me.

Many Thanks in advance.

Equity in house must be at least 40% ie if you had a house worth 100k you can't have a mortgage of more than 60k
    Min mortgage amount they'll do is 25k
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry for being thick but im still confused with the %, I owe £136k if that helps.

Sorry, was me being thick - don't know how I got £150,000.....damn calculator !! So you have a bit leeway with your LTV
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,765 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 31 January 2012 at 5:18PM
    Options
    Does NatWest publish rates for existing borrowers not moving home on its website? Many lenders don't and looking at deals for new purchases or remortgages won't help if they aren't available to you.

It appears it does;-

http://www.natwest.com/personal/mortgages/g3/repayment-calculator.ashx?categorytype=fix&customertype=ecss&x=43&y=6

and

http://www.natwest.com/personal/mortgages/g3/repayment-calculator.ashx?categorytype=var&customertype=ecss&x=59&y=6

The maximum loan to value figures shown indicate how much of the property value you can borrow. ie 60% max means you could go upto £60k on a property worth £100k.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • realfun
    Options
    _Andy_ wrote: »
    Give them a ring and ask

Scared to ask incase they say no :embarasse

Also I noticed their deals with £0 product fee works out more in monthly repayment compared to deals which include product fee :huh:

Which deal would you recommend from below.

Type 2 year tracker Customers who use us as their main bank - terms apply.
    Initial Rate 2.60%
    Rate thereafter (variable) 4%
    Overall cost for comparison 3.8% APR
    LTV 60%
    Product fee £0
    Monthly Payment £544.46
    Monthly Payment (if product fee added to borrowing) £544.46

Type 2 year tracker
    Initial Rate 2.45%
    Rate thereafter (variable) 4%
    Overall cost for comparison 3.8% APR
    LTV 60%
    Product fee £499
    Monthly Payment £533.84
    Monthly Payment (if product fee added to borrowing) £535.79
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,765 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We need the other part of the equation, the property value. Is it more than £230k?

If it is, you can carry on looking at those rates. If it isn't, you need to look at those for higher loan to value cases.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • realfun
    Options
    kingstreet wrote: »
    We need the other part of the equation, the property value. Is it more than £230k?

If it is, you can carry on looking at those rates. If it isn't, you need to look at those for higher loan to value cases.

Property value is 250k.

Looking for a tracker deal at 30yrs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family