Bridesmaid Dresses Belfast

Hi everyone

I'm going shopping with my bridesmaids on Saturday in Belfast to find them bridesmaid dresses

We are trying Jean Millar first (as they are stockists of the make of my dress so hopefully have it in stock so i can see the bridesmaid dresses with it!)

Any suggestions on where else we should try?
Weight loss challenge, lose 15lb in 6 weeks before Christmas.

Comments

• shiv2001
    shiv2001 Posts: 51 Forumite
    I'd love to get an answer as well. I'm only having one bridesmaid, but didn't really want to go down the traditional dress route.

I assume you'll still need to make appointments at bridal shops to see bridesmaid dresses. Anyone know?
  • pearly77
    pearly77 Posts: 80 Forumite
    edited 31 January 2012 at 6:45PM
    Yes, you need appointments for BM dresses :)

My own favourite dress shops:

The Bridal Suite, Holywood (worth the extra 5 mile trip - their dresses are lovely)
    Blush and The Bridal Lounge, Lisburn Road
    Pronuptia, Wellington Place
    Forever Bridal, Finaghy
    Eden Bridal, Newtownards Road

Good luck! :D

Are you buying your own dress from Jean Millar, lazer? Just asking as I heard bad things about their customer service (from a trusted friend!) so didn't go there when I was dress shopping.
  • Hi!

Now I know its not actually Belfast but I was in Ballymena on Saturday and had a wee look at BM dresses in a few shops there and I saw a few I like in 3 different shops, I am arranging for BM day out in a few weeks to see if we can get sorted.

Maybe if you dont get sorted in Belfast you could have a wee look there?
    We've tried Lurgan, Loughgall and Omagh and found nothing so the fact that there is 3 within 5 mins is wonderful!!

Let us know how you get on please!!
  • Hi,

Have just recently bought my bridesmaid dresses and visited quite a few shops in Belfast.

Blush: you need to make an appointment, great service from the girls and lovely shop. We were made to feel really welcome.
    Pronuptia: appointment required, excellent choice and the girls were fantastic especially Deborah, I actually went three times and each time they were so helpful and honest.
    Jean miller: no appointment required, liked them too and the girls were lovely.
    White butterfly bridal: need to make an appointment. I wasn't impressed with here due to quality of dresses and we didn't feel very special here(however this is just personal opinion and I'm sure others did)
    Biento Madame: no appointment neccessary, lovely girls again however we didn't see much.
    Angel star brides: carrickfergus: lovely shop and girl but I was really put off the dresses with the sponge technique used!!
    The Bridal lounge:appointment necessary. Good choice and the girl was very nice but bit expensive but that could have been due to choices.

I ended up getting both my dress and bridesmaid dresses in Pronuptia and this was down to Deborah who was honestly fantastic, she knew exactly what suited us all and was honest with us. The dresses are beautiful and we got a great deal too. Another shop had the same dress and bridesmaid dresses but Pronuptia had the personal service and price going for it.

Good luck and enjoy yourself
  • wanchai_2
    wanchai_2 Posts: 2,955 Forumite
    What's the sponge technique? I'm intrigued!!!
    7 Feb 2012: 10st7lbs :( 14 Feb: 10st4.5lbs :D 21 Feb: 10st4lbs * 1 March: 10st2.5lbs :j13 March: 10st3lbs (post-holiday) :o 30 March: 10st1.5lbs :D 4 April: 10st0.75lbs * 6 April: 9st13.5 lbs :) 27 April 9st12.5lbs * 16 May 9st12lbs * 11 June 9st11lbs * 15 June 9st9.5lbs * 20 June 9st8.5lbs :D 27 June 9st8lbs * 1 July 9st7lbs * 7 July 9st6.5lbs :D
  • lazer
    lazer Posts: 3,402 Forumite
    pearly77 wrote: »
    Yes, you need appointments for BM dresses :)

My own favourite dress shops:

The Bridal Suite, Holywood (worth the extra 5 mile trip - their dresses are lovely)
    Blush and The Bridal Lounge, Lisburn Road
    Pronuptia, Wellington Place
    Forever Bridal, Finaghy
    Eden Bridal, Newtownards Road

Good luck! :D

Are you buying your own dress from Jean Millar, lazer? Just asking as I heard bad things about their customer service (from a trusted friend!) so didn't go there when I was dress shopping.

No - I'm getting my own dress in Naomi in Ballynahinch - brilliant service and really friendly!

I'll have to get looking at lunchtime and make appointments.
    Weight loss challenge, lose 15lb in 6 weeks before Christmas.
  • The sponge technique was where the lady put massive car wash sponges down your back if the dress was too big. The purpose was to make the dress look like it fitted from the front by filling up the dress however I found that
    A) it was very strange and felt odd
    B) when I looked in the mirror from the side I looked 5 sizes bigger than what I was and instantly put me off the dresses!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure