Getting food delivered without being charged

Options
I have had a quick look on Tescos website and it would appear that they charge for deliveries:( I would like to get the heavier items I buy delivered regularly so could easily meet a minimum spend so is there anyway round this? shops I have locally are sainsburys, tesco, morrisons (my fav) Iceland and M&S anyone got any suggestions?
Thank you for this site Martin
The time for change has come
Good luck for the future

Comments

• gailey_2
    gailey_2 Posts: 2,329 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Waitrose offer free delivery £50 and over and pricematch lots with tesco.
    their own brand cheaper essential range quite good.
    pad by xmas2010 £14,636.65/£20,000::beer:
    Pay off as much as I can 2011 £15008.02/£15,000:j

new grocery challenge £200/£250 feb

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON:D,Onwards and upward2013:)
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 January 2012 at 7:35PM
    Options
    Iceland do free delivery as well, min spend was £25 and i believe it still is, you do your shop as normal and ask for home delivery.

Sainsburys charge for delivery(can get delivery for £3.50 but to get it for £3.50 you are restricted to certain days) but if your bill is over £100 you get free del.

Morrisons were trialing internet dleiveries but not heard anything yet how its gone.
  • Mothership
    Options
    I've found quite a lot of things I use on Amazon, toilet rolls, Flour, olive oil ,etc all with free delivery.

I use http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com to check if there's any price drops. I've had some great bargains using that.
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Options
    Iceland did try Internet delivery briefly and I thought it was great, but obviously didn't go as expected and they stopped it.

I have tried Sainsbury's, Tesco and ASDA but stick with Waitrose, not only because delivery is free any time, but because 99% of the time I get all the shopping ordered. It's a pain when you get subs or nothing - and end up paying delivery charges on only half the shopping ordered or with lots of items you didn't order.
  • glowgirl_2
    glowgirl_2 Posts: 4,591 Forumite
    Options
    On the Waitrose site is says that there is a £3 delivery charge however much you spend, also my nearest one is about 20 miles away, it doesn't say it wouldn't deliver but is that too far? I'm not a Tesco fan anyway but don't like that they charge for delivery so not keen to use them, hope Morrison's sort something out soon then I could get all the stuff I like delivered and not just the heavier brands name products, thanks everyone:)
    Thank you for this site Martin
    The time for change has come
    Good luck for the future
  • Charliezoo
    Charliezoo Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    Options
    There's a good Groupon deal at the moment with Ocado, see this thread - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3764035

For £39 you get £40 worth of shopping and free midweek delivery for a year. Minimum spend per order is £40.

Even if you just place the first order and don't take advantage of the free delivery for the rest of the year you haven't lost anything! :)
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    edited 1 February 2012 at 12:09AM
    Options
    glowgirl wrote: »
    On the Waitrose site is says that there is a £3 delivery charge however much you spend, also my nearest one is about 20 miles away, it doesn't say it wouldn't deliver but is that too far? I'm not a Tesco fan anyway but don't like that they charge for delivery so not keen to use them, hope Morrison's sort something out soon then I could get all the stuff I like delivered and not just the heavier brands name products, thanks everyone:)

It should be free over £50, the website says so too. right on the home page.
    EDITED I meant Waitrose, which is the one I use.
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    Go to the last page of the Discount vouchers in the forum. you can usually find a code that works.
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Options
    It should be free over £50, the website says so too. right on the home page.

Supermarkets often have a minimum spend to get delivery. Last time I checked it was £50 for Waitrose with free delivery and £40 for Sainsburys with varying delivery charges. Iceland does free delivery for a £25 spend but you physically have to go there and buy it all.

As a newbie, I don't think I can post links but some people in London and SE can get deliveries from Kent farms via Foodari and orders over £40 get free delivery. I find the veg expensive but the game is a good price.

The Asian Cook Shop does free delivery on a 24.99 order for spices, rice, Indian, Chinese & Caribbean foodstuffs etc.
  • Lemoncurd
    Options
    I always get free or very low priced delivery slots from Ocado, I just keep looking until a free one comes up, for us it is normally the later ones i.e. after about 10pm. If you are registered and don't shop for a while they tend to start sending codes for 10 or 15 % off your shop.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure