Zapper

Options
Anyone used them? were they any good?

I like the idea that they take books as well. I've got up to just over £60 worth on my list but just wanted to check they were an ok company before I send them off (they send a courier to collect).

Thanks folks:D
Finally Debt Free - April 2009
2012 Challenge £2012 +/ £2012 - Did it:j

Comments

• hitatotatus
    Options
    I used them last month. No problems. The courier doesn't give you a time - only between 8.30 to 6.00 (i think it was) - they came at 5.30! If you are going to be in anyway its not a problem tho.

Books were checked and approved in a couple of days and confirmation that chq was being sent out. I waited a week but the chq had not arrived. Contacted them by email and I received the chq 2 days later.
    £2012 in 2012 = £34.44
  • Was googling to find other experiences. I had the email confirming cheque amount on 10th Feb but so far it hasn't landed on my door mat. I've emailed them asking when I can expect it.
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k, Jun 2017 £114k.
  • bloss0m
    bloss0m Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    whatever next new poster signs up sand praises a company, wow excuse my scepticism
  • elfen
    elfen Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    Options
    Used them for £65 of assorted stuff. Cheuqe took a little bit to come after it was issued but it arrived and went happily into my bank
    ** Total debt: £6950.82 ± May NSDs 1/10 **
    ** Fat Bum Shrinking: -7/56lbs **
    **SPC 2012 #1498 -£152 and 1499 ***
    I do it all because I'm scared.
  • Twiglet0309
    Options
    Ive sent off some items to Zapper and some to WeBuyBooks. First time Ive used either so my fingers are crossed at the moment.
  • Was googling to find other experiences. I had the email confirming cheque amount on 10th Feb but so far it hasn't landed on my door mat. I've emailed them asking when I can expect it.

Update: Cheque finally arrived.
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k, Jun 2017 £114k.
  • CrazyClum
    CrazyClum Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    Well what an experience! I sent some items on the 20th January which were collected using their courier. The items arrived next day but I still did not receive anything by the 26th January. I emailed Zapper who advised they had a staff shortage and to bear with them.

Finally today my cheque has arrived minus £7 for the most expensive textbook on the list because it was not in a good enough condition - it was new, so unless it has been damaged with their couriers? One month later and £25 up but wouldn't use again!
  • compbren
    compbren Posts: 140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Stupid Question, but, what kind of box is ok to use? I got a couple of 'Frozen Chips' boxes from my local Supermarket which has a bit of writing on the box (Morrisons Crinkle Cut Chips 500kg etc). Is that ok to use or does that box have to be plain?
    House Deposit: £28,000 and still saving!
  • GILL635
    GILL635 Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I priced up some books with them the other day, but despite being brand new (some have only been released within the last week), they we're only offering 30p a book!

x
  • WolvesAreStayinUp
    Options
    I used Zapper a couple of months ago. I sent about 25 old dvds/cds and got approx £28. I must admit alot of the discs and cases were in very poor condition, deep stratches and even cracks which they say they dont accept and cannot return them to you but I sent them anyway to get rid of them..

Anyway I received the cheque after a couple of weeks for the full amount quoted which I was surprised about as I only expected half of it at the very most!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure