PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old style telly and radio

Options
13»

Comments

• budgetboo
    Options
    1940s house, Victorian Farm and Coal House were our favourites of recent years. We took LOTS of ideas from Victorian Xmas. DS likes some episodes of country file but John Craven sometimes overpowers the show and spoils it a bit.

Can't beat Nigel Slater or Hairy Bikers when I want to tune in to a cookery programme. Both do nice simple dishes that real people are likely to want to eat and don't need some rare spice only available in the outer Mongolian Branch of Waitrose. My son likes come dine with me - I get a 7 year old giving it a running commentary as he likes cooking. He gets to watch the Friday episode.

True Blood - it's fun, silly doesn't pretent to be anything other than pap but is escapist.

Lots of audiobooks as you can do stuff while you listen to the story - good for DS as well as he has issues with audioprocessing. So the more listening practice he gets the better. There's something soothing about a kid listening to a fairytale while doing their arts and crafts on a cold winters Sunday afternoon. storynory.com is our fave kids site.

Dad's army can't be beat and that's been repeated recently.

Dont't have cable or freview as both seem to be mostly repeats anyway. I'm a book worm and since I discovered all the free classics I can download via the Kindle app, I've been a very happy bunny.

Radio 4 or world service for listening to while you do the chores.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure