Money saving hair colouring...what skin tone am I?

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to save money by colouring my hair myself, but I'm not sure what colour to use to compliment my skin tone. I'm of mixed descent (all sorts including south asian english and irish)and I'm a weird sort of colour. I don't know if I'm cool or warm. I'm quite pale,but kind of yellowy...olive..I look like I have a tan I suppose. My eyes are dark brown and hair is dark brown, my eyes look kind of red (have red hues) and my hair has natural red hues (I think cos English/Irish side are all red heads). According to all the stuff I read online, I'm cool...so should avoid warm shades....yet my veins are green, and my skin is yellow...which according to other stuff makes me warm. Another site said to look at the colour of your cheeks, but I don't really have any natural colour, I'm just yellow:P
Actually I just looked at my wrist and one vein is green, and the one branching off it looks blue!
I have no clue what to make of it...can anyone help? Thanks!

Comments

• Amanita_2
    Amanita_2 Posts: 1,299 Forumite
    Options
    The old CMB trick was to use fabrics. Place a cool toned cloth around your shoulders ( eg white ) and then a warm toned one (eg cream).

One colour is likely to suit you much better than the other. If it is cream then you may be warm toned, if white then cool toned.

Ideally repeat with a few other fabrics, using warm and cold shades of other colours ( yellow green for warm, bluey green for cold etc) then you should see quite quickly which tone works for you. I'm very warm, cool colours wash me out completely.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure