Fancy a frock - Bon Marche ???

Options
Just drove through Falmouth (Cornwall) main street and noticed ''Big sale - closing down'' at Bon Marche (who are part of Peacocks)

Comments

• CoffeeCup
    Options
    Just had a nosy on the Peacocks site and clicked on the link about administration.

Hope no one has any gift vouchers etc

Gift Cards, Gift Vouchers, Return Cards, Credit Vouchers

Please note that no gift cards, gift vouchers, return cards, or credit vouchers will be accepted by stores, be they Peacocks specific or third party shopping vouchers. The customer may have an unsecured claim against the Company in respect of such cards/vouchers. If you believe you have a claim, please print and complete the attached claim form and return it to the Joint Administrators, FAO Deirdre Cox, KPMG, Arlington Business Park, Theale, Reading, RG7 4SD.

Also watch returns.

However

Nothing on Bon Marche website about closing down, gift vouchers etc - business as usual!
  • needhelping
    Options
    Found out yesterday that the Bristol branch is closing down (big sale on) but some surrounding shops eg Yate are remaining open.
  • fiscalfreckles
    Options
    Bon Marche has been bought by Sun European Partners, which also owns Alexon and Jacques Vert.
    They have said they will continue to run 230 stores but will close about 160. The outlets are expected to shut in the near future. The company said it was too early to release a list of sites to be closed.

So I guess we all have to check locally.

Full article here:
  • my_definition
    Options
    I used to work for them and not sure about this but heard they were planning on closing all the stores in scotland
  • countingthepennies
    Options
    Bon Marche in Durham City also has closing down signs. A shame - another empy unit in Durham.
  • anna_grant
    anna_grant Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    One in Watford closing down also.
    ¿Alguien ha visto a mi nave espacial?

Biting is excellent. It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
  • pineapple123
    Options
    Can anyone tell me about Poole branch.
  • naki
    naki Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Margate is shutting, but Ramsgate is staying open.
  • fiscalfreckles
    Options
    anna grant beat me to it, just back from Watford & seen the closing down posters, great shame.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure