Trip to the hairdressers gone wrong....

Options
Hi guys

Went to the hairdresser today for half a head of (blonde) highlights and a cut and blowdry. My usual salon was fully booked so I made an appointment with a local one...worst mistake ever! Before she started applying the bleach I asked her to only apply it to the root (as advised by my usual hairdresser) to save the rest of my hair from snapping. A few months ago I was black all over, had to have a bleach bath to get the dye out and decided to gradually start having a few highlights put through each time I visited.

The hairdresser I had today advised me to have more than just the roots done to avoid a 'banded' look of colour. With her being the professional and me being the customer I took her advice and let her apply the bleach through the whole lengths of my hair. It took her about 45 mins to put the foils through, she then left them on for a total of 30mins and kept checking them at regular intervals. Whilst waiting for the colour to take, I thought I could hear the foils 'bubbling'. Not sure what this means..?

She put me under heat for the last 5 mins and her colleague shampooed me, but I think forgot to condition. Both of them blow dried my hair till it was dry, then I had a quick trim and she straightened it. Before she showed me the whole thing in a mirror, she said to be careful with hair I have towards the front as it seemed slightly weaker than the rest. I got home and inspected it further and my hair was so damaged I couldnt run my fingers through it.

I have since washed it and left a restorative hair mask on for 30 mins...the condition has improved slightly but its still extremely dry and looks like its all snapped :(

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to improve it/ how often I should be putting hair masks on etc?

This seems to keep happening all the time to me! Please dont tell me to go back to the salon! I asked the girl and she said it would be fine! I dont want to embarrass her or myself but I spent £57 this afternoon. Not happy :mad:

Comments

• tinkle
    tinkle Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    If I were you I would call and ask to speak to the manager and explain. Maybe they can do something (not sure what) to fix it, or call your usual salon and maybe your normal hairdresser could do something to help you.
  • roadiegirl
    Options
    If you go in and ask them for a deep nourishing treatment (most salons offer this), and see if they have any ideas as to how to restore the damage to your hair. My hair did this from bleaching, and started falling out and snapping, so I've dyed it back to a mid brown and it seems to be getting better. I also haven't used straighteners on my hair and have tried not to blow dry it if possible, and if having to blow dry it use it on a really light heat setting.

I used the Aussie deep nourishment conditioner, and use the mask twice a week. The only problem with this is that you want to slap as much on as possible but my hair started going really limp and horrible. I hope you find something that works!
  • thegirlintheattic
    Options
    The only real way to treat this is to stop damaging treatments (bleaching, dying, hair drying and straightening) and using lots of hair masks for damaged hair and putting in a leave in conditioner. I would also go for a short style to get rid of as much of the damage as possible.
    Save £200 a month : [STRIKE]Oct[/STRIKE] Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr
  • LilMissEmmylou
    Options
    argh I hate when hairdressers DONT know what they are talking about! I feel your pain, this happened me once also. i ended up having to go back to brown sadly and having a very good trim! After that I had to switch to semi perm colours for about 2 years until most of the damage had grown out.
  • minnie123
    minnie123 Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You can use a protein treatment to strengthen the weakened hair. I use this one http://www.beautybay.com/haircare/kpak/deeppenetratingreconstructortreatment/ then you need to use an intense conditioner afterwards (I like umberto giannini moisture mask. You can use the protein treatment once every week or 2 weeks but be careful overuse can actually damage hair.
  • clays_mummy
    Options
    have a brazilian blowdry, best treatment for badly damaged, broken,frizzy, coloured hair ever...100000 times more effective than a deep conditioning treatment...i know this because i am a hairdresser and i do them all the time and just to reassure you, i had one myself, and my hair has been dyed different colours for over 15 years, is now black, but the glossiest softest hair you'll ever see - they are not cheap but last 4 months....inbox me if you want to know anything else
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure