Mortgage Free today

The telegraphic transfer went over 2 hours ago. I (we) am officially, today, mortgage free and I can't tell you how good that feels :j Its quite surreal really. Nice. :D

Comments

• MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Many congratulations. That must feel amazing. You should be incredibly proud of yourself. Did you keep a diary of it?
  • Brilliant, well done! I am working towards the day but am still having to dream about it at the moment.

Hope being mortgage free will make dreams come true for you.
    :j Trytryagain FLYLADY - SAYE £700 each month Premium Bonds £713 Mortgage Was £100,000@20/6/08 now zilch 21/4/15:beer: WTL - 52 (I'll do it 4 MUM)
  • alfiesmum
    alfiesmum Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    FANTASTIC!!!! Hope to join you really soon. Well done!!

Are you going to do something special to celebrate?
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Congratulations!!! :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • MuffinTops wrote: »
    Many congratulations. That must feel amazing. You should be incredibly proud of yourself. Did you keep a diary of it?

I started over-paying by just £50.00 a month a few years ago and its amazing how that chips away at it. A small amount but makes such a difference. I almost wish I had kept a diary of it. Any small amount that can be missed in daily life can make such a change by chipping it away off your mortgage.

This now means hubby can work less hours and we can spend more quality time together. That's the main benefit of it I think and psychologically, the security of it being ours now, that's a great thing.

I wish you all good luck on your journey :D
  • mirry
    mirry Posts: 1,570 Forumite
    Thats fantastic , enjoy your mortgage free life ! :D
    Kindness costs nothing :)
  • mirry wrote: »
    Thats fantastic , enjoy your mortgage free life ! :D

You should have seen my hubby last night! :p He came in from work, I told him I had arranged the transfer and we would be mortgage free tomorrow (today) and he started dancing around the room like a lunatic. 48 years old and he was doing Michael Jackson dancing (not very well I might add lol) and when I asked him why he was dancing like a lunatic he said 'Its all ours now'? and I said 'Yip' and grinned at him. I was so pleased to see him so happy. Yeah, its a good feeling, thanks.
  • Brilliant, well done! I am working towards the day but am still having to dream about it at the moment.

Hope being mortgage free will make dreams come true for you.

Without dreams, things don't happen. Its dreams that make them happen. Keep working towards your dream. Good Luck.
  • Congratulations! I'm only 8 months into the dream!! But can't wait to do what you have done!
  • Big congratulations to you. I'm hoping to start our MF journey come February's payday.

K_K
    Mortgage Paid Off 5th October 2013
    Back on with £71,000 July 2014
    Current Balance £58402
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business