measuring a mans shirt-how?

Options
Hi, I would like to order a few shirts from a website.i have a code and the sale is on. It asks you to enter the desired sleeve length but I dont know if that is from the armpit to the wrist or from the outer top of the arm!
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks.
Its Charles Thrywitt shirts if anyone is interested, I think I saw somebody looking for extra length slim fiit shirts on here recently.
Norn Iron Club member 473

Comments

• Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Artytarty wrote: »
    Hi, I would like to order a few shirts from a website.i have a code and the sale is on. It asks you to enter the desired sleeve length but I dont know if that is from the armpit to the wrist or from the outer top of the arm!
    Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks.
    Its Charles Thrywitt shirts if anyone is interested, I think I saw somebody looking for extra length slim fiit shirts on here recently.

Definitely email the company and ask them, if there isn't a size-guide on their website. Get the info you need from the horse's mouth so to speak!
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's usually the length of the seam but email them and check.
  • StevenDr
    Options
    There are two ways to get the arm length measurement.

The first way is to measure yourself from the centre of the back of the neck, down the shoulder and along the arm to where you want the cuff to sit. You will probably need someone else's help for this. Thomas Pink have a guide on their site. Unfortunately I can't post links because I'm a newbie, but go to the Thomas Pink website, scroll down to the bottom and under customer service you will see Size Guide. Then on the left under Men you'll see a link to How to Measure. When you get to that page you will have to click on the "View" next to sleeve to see the tape measure).

The second way is to place the shirt face down on a table and straighten out one of the arms. Find the centre point where the base of the collar joins the rest of the shirt. Measure from here to the end of the cuff of the shirt. If you are measuring a shirt with a double-cuff remember to fold over the cuff when you take the measurement.
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/how-to-measure-yourself?cnt=measure-yourself
    According to their own guide -

Measure from the middle of your back to your shoulders
    Measure from your shoulder to just before the wrist bone
    Add the two together and round up to the nearest available sleeve length
    Booo!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories