Abbey National MEAF Fee letter ignored

Options
Hi everyone, sent a letter to abbey requesting £196 back on 29th December 2011, and so far have not heard anything back... Should I be chasing them up, or give them another week?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,537 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What makes you think you should have it back? The FSA report on exit charges doesnt say you should get it back.

You should have heard within a week that they were looking into it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • DMDz
    DMDz Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    Contract stated about £80, got charged 225, requested difference + interest.

I haven't even heard anything from them, not even a "we are looking into it" letter :S
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,537 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You have requested what the FSA say you should. The fact you havent got anything suggests you should try again. Santander are not awkward on this. So, it could be a genuine mislaid letter.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    I suggest you e-mail a copy of the original letter to customer.services@abbey.com, asking why you have not yet heard from them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure