New and in serious debt - Advice on which way to turn please

Options

Comments

• bananakinz
    Options
    Who's name is on the V5?
    Proud to be dealing with our debts - We WANT to be debt free DEC 09 :rolleyes:
    Grocery challenge: £230 / £230 left
  • livinginhope
    Options
    Have you got some good advice from CAB or trading standards regarding the car? we had a problem a few years back and trading standards sorted everything for us,if you haven't got advice,I would suggest you do,they were brilliant.
    Debt at highest £102k :eek:
    Lightbulb moment march 2006
    Debt free october2017 :j
    Finally sleeping easy in my bed :A
  • Bakeybadoo
    Options
    bananakinz wrote:
    Who's name is on the V5?
    It's actually in the name of TSB Leasing who obviously had the car before it went to Welcome.
    :: BCSC #71 but now discharged! ::
  • bananakinz
    Options
    The insurance shouldn't have been cancelled then - are you just waiting for the new V5 to come through?
    Proud to be dealing with our debts - We WANT to be debt free DEC 09 :rolleyes:
    Grocery challenge: £230 / £230 left
  • tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your electricity is high. I imagine that it's the convection heater swallowing power at a major rate.
    Previous poster's idea of Calor gas is a good one.
    Have you been onto Uswitch etc to make sure you're on the best electricity tariff?
    Happy chappy
  • Bakeybadoo
    Options
    bananakinz wrote:
    The insurance shouldn't have been cancelled then - are you just waiting for the new V5 to come through?
    Well it's all a bit strange. Welcome kept the yellow traders slip which I assume they should have sent off with our details on, and we should have received a new V5.

Nothing has happened though and we did think about applying for a totally new V5 but the old keeper is informed and they might stop them issuing us with one in our name, since we are in default.

Also, we can't send the rest of the V5 we DO have off as the old keeper needs to sign and date it.
  • Bakeybadoo
    Options
    Your electricity is high. I imagine that it's the convection heater swallowing power at a major rate.
    Previous poster's idea of Calor gas is a good one.
    Have you been onto Uswitch etc to make sure you're on the best electricity tariff?
    Yes, it is swallowing a lot.

I did mention earlier that we do have a calor gas fire but it keeps going out on us, I think it needs a service or chucking and when it goes out, we then rely on the convection heater with 2 young children.

We did recently switch via USwitch to Age Concern and got their energy efficient lightbulbs in the deal.
  • K9COOP
    K9COOP Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    Mobile phones....

Which network - tariffs? what phone do you have?
    :beer:
  • liz105
    liz105 Posts: 378 Forumite
    Options
    Would an oil heater be any better?
    Mummy to two girls, 4 & 1, been at home for four years, struggling to contend with the terrifying thought of returning to work.
  • Bakeybadoo
    Options
    K9COOP wrote:
    Mobile phones....

Which network - tariffs? what phone do you have?
    Orange. Panther 45 Promo. 18 months in duration.

Have the Motorola L6.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family