Use Your Local Library

Options
I use my local library to try new music before buying. It only costs £1 a week for a CD. THere are a lot of new titles as well as many classics.:cool:

Comments

• clairelh
    clairelh Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just remember to take things back - my OH took a book out for one of our daughters, forgot all about it, as it wasn't on a child's card it incurred fees - £24!! Oops.
  • ada1988
    ada1988 Posts: 360 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    That is a good way to make sure whether to buy the things you want.
    It is also fit some other things such as clothes,You can have a try in a store then buy the familiar one online.
  • FrugalWorker
    Options
    My library is amazing - DVD's (including box sets), lots of CD's, great cookery books, books that can be downloaded for a week or so. They email me 3 days before something is due back. I can renew them on line if I think I won't make it back on time or need more time. I can look up their catalogue online. The only cost is 50 cent (I'm in Ireland) for reserving a book. They've all the local papers, subscriptions to lots of magazines (I read the cookery and knitting ones).

At the moment, I've 3 CD's (Sigor Ros, Genesis, Lisa Hannigan), 1 DVD (the Madness of King George), 2 novels, and 2 cookery books (the take away secret and Rose Elliots complete vegetarian).

I love my library!
  • Shotgun_Rider
    Options
    VeeBee1 wrote: »
    I use my local library to try new music before buying. It only costs £1 a week for a CD. THere are a lot of new titles as well as many classics.:cool:

If you just want to listen to the music before buying, why not use Spotify, Youtube, Mflow and the like. All free and available from the comfort of your sofa!
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    £1 per week, the local library around here charge £1 for 4 weeks rental, which is plenty of time to listen to the album in a decent CD player before deciding whenever or not to buy it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure