DHL mishandling my custom charges

Options
Hi Money Saving Experts...
First a little thank you: I was parked for longer than two hours at a motorway service station and was sent a parking fine. I turned to the internet to see what this was about and found a thread in one of your forums that gave me the low down... the long and the short of it is that I did not pay and eventually they stopped hastling me.
My next problem is DHL handle some occasional imports from America for which I usually pay the handling fee upon receiving the invoice - or a phone call asking me to pay before delivery - or paying the delivery person at the door - or sometime not being charged at all (so was not unduly worried about not receiving expect invoice)- they don't seem to use one way consistently, however for the second time now I have not received an invoive or a reminder and the first I knew about the problem was a letter from a firm of credit management called Control Account plc. I have phoned these people and they were going to charge me £9 for the pleasure of rectifying a mistake on DHL's part. I eventually negotiated with them after I threatened to dispute the fee and for the sake of completion I eventually paid a £1 debit card fee.
They said that there was no point in getting on to DHL as they would only refer me back to them, but I am fed up with having to go through this process and extra expense because DHL cannot make up their mind about how to get their handling fee off me.
I would appreciate advice and direction on what to do next.
Thanks
Michele

Comments

• Esoog
    Esoog Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dovechick wrote: »
    Hi Money Saving Experts...
    First a little thank you: I was parked for longer than two hours at a motorway service station and was sent a parking fine. I turned to the internet to see what this was about and found a thread in one of your forums that gave me the low down... the long and the short of it is that I did not pay and eventually they stopped hastling me.
    My next problem is DHL handle some occasional imports from America for which I usually pay the handling fee upon receiving the invoice - or a phone call asking me to pay before delivery - or paying the delivery person at the door - or sometime not being charged at all (so was not unduly worried about not receiving expect invoice)- they don't seem to use one way consistently, however for the second time now I have not received an invoive or a reminder and the first I knew about the problem was a letter from a firm of credit management called Control Account plc. I have phoned these people and they were going to charge me £9 for the pleasure of rectifying a mistake on DHL's part. I eventually negotiated with them after I threatened to dispute the fee and for the sake of completion I eventually paid a £1 debit card fee.
    They said that there was no point in getting on to DHL as they would only refer me back to them, but I am fed up with having to go through this process and extra expense because DHL cannot make up their mind about how to get their handling fee off me.
    I would appreciate advice and direction on what to do next.
    Thanks
    Michele

I sent some items to m brother in the B.V.I in Dec, they were held for customs charge (incorrectly I may add, but luckily they sorted that out) and I too received no emails/phone calls or anything :mad: I only found out by checking the tracking and then ringing them up to ask about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure