Reclaiming VAT from SKY - Jersey Resident

Options
Morning All

Big fan of the site and all the great information that is shared on here!

I have looked through the forum and couldnt find a post about re-claiming VAT for Jersey residents.

I'm hoping with the wealth of expertise out there someone will be able to help! :A

SKY are notorious in the Channel Islands for charging VAT when it is not applicable, this has been going on for years and just when you think it is sorted you find you are being charged again!:mad:

We have a SKY package and the VAT is equivalent to £20 a month which is £240 a year and we have had this package now for 3 years so thats a whopping £720!! :eek:

We called SKY yesterday and asked why (yet again!!) we were being charged VAT and they said (words to this effect!!) Ooops so you are, we'll take that off for you. We asked about the past 3 years only to be told there was nothing we could do!

Now it's not as if SKY are oblivious to this as this VAT problem has gone on for as many years as SKY has been in Jersey and VAT has existed so they cannot claim ignorance! :cool:

Now to my question, can we claim this money back?! Surely there must be a way! There could be thousands of Channel Island SKY users that have paid VAT for years and have not been able to claim it back. :mad:

Any advice is greatly appreciated guys!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport