*Budget and Money Apps List*

Options
1235»

Comments

• I think this should be a Sticky along with all financial softwares concerned with personal accounts and curated to a main thread.
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
  • allthingsmustpass
    Options
    I think this should be a Sticky along with all financial softwares concerned with personal accounts and curated to a main thread.

Yep, moderators?
  • moneypenny2k
    Options
    It lives on my laptop and it gives me amazing control over my cashflow. for the following reasons

• It allows me to import my bank statements from my bank directly and reconcile them with my workings in MSMoney (you can set it up for as many bank, credit card, investment and savings accounts as you need)
    • It shows me my cash flow over the next year - thus allowing me to see where there are likely to be problems
    • It has a debt reduction planner which allows you to see what difference it would make if you upgrade your payments or take a payment holiday
    • Once it is set up it takes literally minutes to get a clear picture of where you are financially.
    • It is free - as the programme is now not being upgraded it can be downloaded from here. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2118008

I should add that I budget for a set amount of spending money each week, take that out of my bank account and use that for day to day spending - I don't add an entry every time I buy a paper or a sandwich. Thus I don't need to use my phone...
  • allthingsmustpass
    Options
    I should add that I budget for a set amount of spending money each week, take that out of my bank account and use that for day to day spending - I don't add an entry every time I buy a paper or a sandwich. Thus I don't need to use my phone...

Ok but you don't know what you're spending it on so can't identify areas to cut back. Those coffees add up, you won't know how much to unless you log it
  • Keeping_Positive
    Options
    no-one bothered?

Yes an update would be great. I use android so interested if there are any others to look at

Thx
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • Bored
    Bored Posts: 389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just wanted to suggest eeba for anyone who likes to use envelope budgeting systems. The basic version is free and it works on the internet, android and iphone. :)
    2023 Mortgage-Free Wannabe #19: £11,675.68/£13,000
    Mortgage Overpayment Total: £22,397.1
  • I like apps which work across desktop smartphone etc.
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
  • belfastgirl23
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this thread. Exactly the same point as the previous poster - do any of the apps recommended sync across iPad laptop and iPhone? Seems to be impossible to get this info anywhere! I am determined to get a better grip on my spending in 2013!!
  • allthingsmustpass
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this thread. Exactly the same point as the previous poster - do any of the apps recommended sync across iPad laptop and iPhone?

I think they all will eventually, seems to be where its going. Apple have their 'icloud' thing that does that but the specific apps need to support it. They are all getting there slowly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure