Anyone completed a Debt Arrangement Scheme (DAS) succesfully?

I am now into month 4 of a joint DAS with my husband. We owe around £59K and are repaying £1500 per month. We want to pay as much as possible and this still leaves us with £1000 per month after priority debts are paid so we have a comfortable amount left for food, petrol, entertainment etc. I feel this is realistic for us if our circumstances don't change! We should be debt free in less than 3 years and I feel really positive that we have paid £6000 or 10% of total debt in such a short space of time. We were paying more than that for the last couple of years just in minimum payments and making NO headway into overall balances.

Does anyone have any stories to share about DAS?

Comments

• Hi, I took out a DAS in 2009 after falling pregnant with second child our income would be drastically reduced during maternity leave.

I have found it to be okay, the only hassle is that I am trying to complete early as I have come into some funds and have been getting the run around. The scheme changed lately which allows you 6 months payment break as well if your circumstances change which is good.

It definitely gets the creditors off your back and lets you sleep at night. You will see the amount owed going down and at the end should be clear it will show as defaults but satsified debts once you complete.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure