Car Clamper Claim

Options
Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right forum but I'm looking for some advice on a small claim.

I issued a claim against a clamping company last month and today is the 14th day. When I made the claim, I undertook to send detailed particulars to the defendant, who still hasn't responded. I'd already sent a detailed letter of the particulars - including photos of the badly illuminated clamping sign - to the defendant before starting the claim, warning them that I was going to take them to court if they didn't return my cash.

I foolishly assumed that this would count as 'detailed particulars' even though it was sent BEFORE the claim was started. a friend told me today that I should have resent them after making the claim. When I go to ask for a judgement on the site it asks me to tick a box asking if I've sent them. I obviously don't want to tick it if then particulars I sent don't count. Is this right? And if so, what should my next course of action be given that I've missed the 14 day deadline for sending them?

Any advice gratefully received!

Chris

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I believe that you should have sent them after starting the claim, however if you sent them recorded delivery so can prove they arrived at the defendants address, you may be ok. As you've missed the 14 day deadline anyway, you can only hope ...
  • chrisbabes
    chrisbabes Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2012 at 3:13PM
    Options
    Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks for that.

Anyone else - I've now moved this to the correct forum, Parking Tickets, so please don't reply here. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure