Tesco or Asda??

Options
124»

Comments

• louis_nex
    Options
    I think the answer is it depends what you buy. The only way to ensure you get the best deal is to shop at more than one place and buy the cheapest at each. Buying everything at one supermarket is playing their game and you are bound to be caught. Also avoid pre-packed fruit and veg which are nearly always more expensive than the loose options. If you are not a brand junkie then also look at lower shelves. I have noticed that Tesco and the Co-op tend to put cheaper options on lower shelves where you might not always look. Also try, if you have one in your area, your local independent green grocer and butcher. I started doing this a year or so back and they are consistently cheaper than the super markets and often have more local produce which is more ethical/green as well.
  • jellynose
    Options
    toff37 wrote: »
    Never been shopping in a supermarket as such, prefer fortnam and Mason

Or do you mean Fortnum and Mason

I would stick to Tesco or Asda if I were you, they are easier to spell ;)
    Jellynose
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    jellynose wrote: »
    Or do you mean Fortnum and Mason

I would stick to Tesco or Asda if I were you, they are easier to spell ;)

Fortnum and Mason? This Fortnum and Mason?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2773047/After-150-years-royal-grocer-Fortnum-Mason-ditched-Queen-forced-apologise-Windsor-meat-scandal.html

Interesting to see that Fortnum and Mason is in fact owned by the people who also own Primark. All in all, F&M doesn't seem that posh any more. Better off at Waitrose I reckon.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure