new no.7 foundation

Options
has anyone tried the new no.7 foundation , the one with the primer ? it seems light but to have a bit more coverage then tinted foundation but the sales asst i asked in boots today seemed a bit vague about it and also had no samples , any recommendations from anyone ?
thanks

Comments

• doodoot
    doodoot Posts: 554 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah, it's OK if you prefer a medium coverage.

Personally I prefer to use a primer in certain areas of my face rather than all over, hence why I didn't buy a full size of No.7.

But I prefer these types of foundation mixes and am currently using Garnier BB cream...it's brilliant.

Top tip: squeeze a fair bit from a tester into your palm and either nip into some nearby toilets or your car to test it out.

I'm lucky that I can park up in front of Boots and nip back into the car to check out what foundation is like. :D
    Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage.
  • happy35
    happy35 Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i am also using the garnier bb cream, i am using the medium colour but find it a bit pale for me but as I like everything else about it am going to carry on using it

I used to use a primer but find with the bb cream I dont need to use one, I also find that the bb cream stays on really well during the day
  • tokkiandoliver
    Options
    BB Cream is suppose to be several different products into one: spf, primer, tinted moisturizer, and some have a whitening agent to help with blemishes.

I personally didn't like the NO 7 version as I really liked the Garnier bb cream (I like the dewy appearance). Also, I didn't like that the No 7 version was not scented either.

If you are looking for bb creams, look into brands like skin79 and missha. Those are very good.
    Also, try estee lauder version as they are coming out with one soon.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries Challenge
    TOTAL UU's in 2012: 588
    Total UU's in 2013: 210
    INS for 2013 starting March: 8
  • curlytop12
    curlytop12 Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sorry to butt in, but i've been using olay serum/foundation mix and i'm loving it!
  • Maryland_Cookie
    Options
    I've just bought the Number 7 BB cream, and love it! I like the idea that it's a primer, tinted moisteriser and also has sun screen rolled into one cream. I don't wear foundation, and prefer tinted moisteriser and this is lovely. I only need a little bit and it goes a long way.
  • sweetme
    sweetme Posts: 13,829 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Another Garnier BB fan here. Totally converted. It gives a lovely dewy finish.
  • Maryland_Cookie
    Options
    Oh blow, I wish I had tried the Garnier cream now........why does this always happen to me - I always choose the wrong thing! And I'm too MSE not to use up the No 7 before I buy anything else, and it will last my MONTHS grrrr!
  • belfastgirl23
    Options
  • samsil
    samsil Posts: 256 Forumite
    Options
    oooh belfast girl thankyou very much for the post about the free sample I hope I get one!
    Currently using the Oil of Ulay 'touch of foundation' BB cream and LOVE it, but always searching for perfection ;)
  • starrystarry
    starrystarry Posts: 2,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got a free sample of the Garnier BB cream from Boots, used it twice now and I love it. It does what it says on the packet (for once). Will definitely be buying a full size.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure