PPI t&c's

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
2 replies 629 views
mentalpupmentalpup Forumite
7 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Apologies if this info is somewhere on the forum, but I am hoping someone might be able to tell me quicker than I can search, but I had an Egg CC, now transferred to Barclaycard.

I requested information from them using the templates and have had a letter today enclosing my original terms and conditions. Can anyone tell me where I might find information as to whether I have the PPI on the card as it's all a lot of words! Just wondering if someone successful claiming from Egg/Barclaycard might be able to help!

Any comments welcomed!
Many thanks in advance

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me where I might find information as to whether I have the PPI on the card as it's all a lot of words!

You won't. Credit card PPI is a monthly transaction taken as a payment for goods/services like any other you make. If it is sold a point of sale of the card then it is the application that you need. If it is sold later, i.e. over the phone, then it is likely that little or no documentation exists.

All you really need is to look at one of your statements for a period that you did not clear the credit card each month. If PPI appears on there then you know you had it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Ah thank you. What if I don't have any statements to hand...... all online and now transferred to Barclaycard!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals