Trading up - my 2012 goal.

Options
I recall reading a story a couple of years ago from a guy who made it his aim to start off with a paper clip and by selling or swapping tried to trade up to a house within one year.

At the end of hs blog he had partially achieved his goal by having a house rent free for a year.

Now my goal isn't quite so ambitious. I've started with 500 Baht (about 10 pounds - I live in Thailand) and my goal is to trade it up to 50,000 baht by the end of 2012.

I will keep updating this thread throughout the year and let you all know how I get on.

I started last week when a bought a set of surround sound speakers and an LCD monitor for 400 baht from a guy dropping them off at one of the two auction houses we have here in Pattaya ( I was there browsing, I caught his eye before he had a chance to put them in the auction). I put them in the sale at the other auction house and on xmas eve they went for b1800 in total - I received B1517 after the auctioneer's comission and vat on the comission had been deducted.

Out of that money I used b443 of it to buy 2 original oil paintings from India (200 baht each 43 baht comission and vat) which I intend to put in the other auction house with a reserve of b1000 each.

Anybody else fancy taking up the challenge and if so what are your starting amounts and projected finishing amounts?

You can buy and sell from auctions,ebay,classifieds,friends,car boot sales and wherever else your imagination takes you.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport