🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Or Phone Interview Tomorrow

Options
Hi
husbands got the dreaded bankruptcy or phone interview tomorrow at 9.30.im not having one has they have sent they dont need anymore info from me.has anyone got any tips or know what the or might ask?

Comments

• stacey21_2
    Options
    What is the interview for? If it is for some sort of call centre type work, or work that will require being on the telephone a lot then make sure he is in a quiet area where he will not be disturbed, and speak clearly and slower than usual. He may feel silly but I know in Scotland we tend to speak so fast and when someone with a slightly different accent phones me they tend to get lost a little!
    Also, having a pad and pen nearby incase he needs to make notes during the call?
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
  • tammyfshr
    tammyfshr Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    its the bankruptcy official receiver interview
  • The_Blue_Max
    Options
    tammyfshr wrote:
    Hi
    husbands got or phone interview tomorrow at 9.30.im not having one has they have sent they dont need anymore info from me.has anyone got any tips or know what the or might ask?

I think it will possibly be to ask for details of bank accounts,ownership of property, vehicles and credit cards etc. This is possibly a preliminary enquiry prior to a visit to see the OR.
    That is what happened to me anyway and I am shortly due to visit the OR.
    He will find it easier if he has that info ready.
    Hope that helps.
    The Blue Max.
  • tammyfshr
    Options
    i thought you only had the one interview which was over the phone.
  • plumduff-2
    Options
    Courts differ in their procedure... some do everything the day of the BR hearing.. others, like ours, you speak to the OR breifly on the day of BR and then have a telephone interview (although they can also request a face to face) about 4-6 weeks after...

All they do, is ask you questions, which should have been answered on the BR petition, so make sure you have the petition to hand..
    Hi - im a member of the Debt Help UK FORUM...
  • tight_jock
    tight_jock Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Options
    tammyfshr wrote:
    i thought you only had the one interview which was over the phone.

OR will basically ask questions based on the information you gave in the petition. Ours lasted for about two hours ( OH then me) so make sure your sitting comfortably. Or it may only last a few minutes and you may then have to go for a F2f interview. It all depennds on your circumstances.

Best of luck
    TJ
  • less2303
    less2303 Posts: 198 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    One of the main things that will probably be discussed is what lead to you being in the position that you have found yourself in. Dont be frightened to say, as they hear most things on a daily basis. You will also be given the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have. As said above you will probably be asked any specific question which may need clarification from your forms as well. Try not to fret too much, most people say that it wasnt as bad as they thought it would be, and the interviewer was quite friendly as well!
    10 1p's are better than no 10p's !!! :think:

BSCSC member #35

Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected become the expected?;)

Remember, posts here are just the informed views of someone with similar experiences to your own or with some basic understanding of the issues.
    Please remember, if in doubt, seek professional advice!
  • tammyfshr
    Options
    had or interview.lady very nice.asked husband about each of his dedts.what they were for.because he took one out begining of december he may be given a bankruptcy order.will wait and see.they are happy with mine so no interview.they are not notifying landlord and we can keep the £500 car which i crashed on friday.they asked if he could afford to pay anything each month.we are on benifits and dont have much left over.she agreed that we didnt have to pay anything.will have to wait to see if my husband will need another interview.
  • makingendsmeet_2
    Options
    My wife found her OR lovely. He even got her to send in an eleccy and gas bill from our old address so he could include them in her bankruptcy too. What people forget is that OR's love Bankrupts. The same as Mechanics love brokendown cars. Without them they would be going to court with their £475.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport