Infinite mortgage solutions

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaiming Mortgage Fees, Council Tax, etc
2 replies 2.4K views
trigger39trigger39 Forumite
19 Posts
Hi, we remortgaged with this compay in march '07 and were charged £3000 for a policy which they added to the total amount of the mortgage. We decided today to try and get this back but after contacting the FSA have found out that they are now no longer trading. Can anyone offer any advice about where we go from here?

thanks in advance



  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    107.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    According to the FSA register, they did not have a principle (i.e. network or other party responsible for their compliance). So, this means that you will need to complain to the financial services compensation scheme and state why you believe the policy was mis-sold.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • magpiecottagemagpiecottage
    9.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    The firm was dissolved in July of this year so it will be an FSCS claim, I'm afraid.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals